If you need to install the stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS on your Sony Xperia Z then you should follow a detailed step by step guide from which you should learn how to manually flash the firmware on your device. Else, by using other methods, you can end up in bricking your smartphone; so for avoiding the unpleasant situations, ensure that you are applying a dedicated tutorial, just like the present one. During the lines from below I will show you how to easily update your Xperia Z to official Jelly Bean 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 software.
Flashing the stock Android OS might be required if you haven’t receive the Android 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 OTA on your Xperia Z, or if you have rooted your handset and now you want or need the warranty back. Also, this guide will be required by those who have bricked their smartphones or if you don’t like the custom ROM that is currently running on your Sony Xperia Z. As you can see this guide is more than important, so you might want to bookmark the same.
Android 4.2.2 JB 10.3.1.A.2.67 OS has been released by Sony for the Xperia Z but the software is only available in limited markets. Furthermore, as we are talking about an OTA release, the same will be made available in phases or gradually. Anyhow, if we are to talk about the ROM, you should know that it brings stock features, apps and capabilities to your Xperia Z. Furthermore, 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware is stable, comes without bugs and issues and is a perfect match for the Sony Xperia Z users who are looking for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean platform.
For completing this guide, root access isn’t required. Anyway, you can anytime learn how to root the Android 4.2.2 JB 10.3.1.A.2.67 system if you want or need. So, the firmware can be applied on both rooted and un-rooted handsets as we are talking about an official update and not about a custom ROM. Also, you don’t need to install a custom recovery image for replacing the stock one as Fastboot will be used on the update operation.
A backup will still be required because in some cases (rare ones) the users who have installed Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.1.A.2.67 on Xperia Z had declared that the data have been corrupted or even wiped out. So, avoid that by completing a proper backup operation. Use suitable backup and restore tools from Google Play and learn how to save almost everything that is stored on your phone.
After backing up the data, take a look on the list from below; there, you have the pre requisites list explained and detailed.
- A computer must be used because on the same you will have to install Fastboot and download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 10.3.1.A.2.67 OS.
- Therefore, you will have to connect your handset with the computer; that’s why, on your Xperia Z you need to enable the USB debugging option. Do that by going to “settings -> applications -> development”.
- Also, the installation procedure will take a couple of minutes; because of that if your device isn’t charged enough it might get turned off in the middle of the flashing process. So, first before going any further, charge your Xperia Z if the battery status is lower than 50%.
- On your computer and on your phone you will have to uninstall or only deactivate the security protection; take care of all the security programs as these tools might interfere with the update operation.
- Don’t apply this tutorial unless you own the Sony Xperia Z. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware has been released only for the mentioned device.
How to Install stock Android 4.2.2 JB 10.3.1.A.2.67 Firmware on Sony Xperia Z
- From here download the update file.
- From here download the Flashtool package.
- Install the flashtool program on your computer.
- Place the update file on desktop.
- Then, transfer the .ftf file from desktop on C:\flastoolfirmwares folder from your computer.
- Do not edit or change the file name; just place it on the mentioned folder.
- Then, right click on the .ftf file and select “proprieties” followed by “unblock”.
- Connect your Xperia Z with the computer via USB cable.
- Run flashtool.
- Click on the “lightning icon” and then click on “flashmode” to select the option of Ok.
- Browse and pick the .ftf file from the flashtool folder.
- Click on the flash button from flashtool.
- Wait while Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS is being updated to your Xperia Z.
- In the end, unplug the USB cable and reboot your smartphone.
Good job, your Sony Xperia Z has been updated to official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS; the firmware is dubbed as 10.3.1.A.2.67 so check if the same is running on your smartphone. Do remember that this is the stock ROM that comes without bugs or issues. So that was all for today; use the comments area if you need anything else and do talk with us in case something isn’t working as explained above; we will try to assist you as soon as possible.