Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has been released with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean pre-installed, but there were users who have complained about some minor bugs and issues. Well, now the problems can be easily removed as Samsung launched a new OTA update for the Tab 3 8.0 model number T311. Since we are talking about an OTA release, the Android 4.2.2 XWUAMH1 firmware should be noticed by your tablet anytime now. If not, you will have to manually flash the software on your handset. This tutorial will teach you exactly the same thing: how to manually install stock JB 4.2.2 XWUAMH1 OS on the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T311.
The best is that this guide can be used for unbricking your Tab 3, or for unrooting the same tablet. Also, since we are dealing with an official Android system, by flashing the XWUAMH1 firmware you will be able to return to stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS, if you are currently running on a buggy custom ROM software. So, you should bookmark this tutorial just in case, as it can become extremely useful especially if you are an advanced user who is constantly looking into tweaking its device.
Anyway, if we are to compare the JB XWUAMH1 software with the present Android 4.2.2 OS, you should know that there are only few differences. Unfortunately there are no new features, apps or capabilities. Actually, the JB XWUAMH1 firmware is coming only with bug fixes and stability improvements which means that you will be enjoying a more stable variant of Android 4.2.2 which will smoothly run on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0.
Now, if you do want to install the stock Android OS on your Tab 3, then use the guidelines from below which will guide you through the flashing process. The tutorial is not hard to complete as you don’t have to deal with complex and custom operations. After all you will apply an official update and not a custom ROM. That’s why the warranty of your tablet will not get void by using this method. Also, now you will be able to restore it, if the warranty has been previously lost. Furthermore, this step by step guide is compatible with both rooted and unrooted Tab 3 8.0 therefore you don’t have to worry about this aspect either.
For the installation procedure, you will have to use a program which is developed by Samsung. Yes, I am talking about Odin. Don’t worry, using Odin is quite easy and you will have all the steps explained below. Now, Odin must be installed on a Windows running computer, so make sure you can access one. On the computer there shouldn’t be any security tools installed because these programs might interfere with the update operation. On the other hand, the flashing process will take a couple of minutes and if your tablet isn’t charged enough it might get turned off. So, if there is less than 60% power left, it is recommended to plug in the charger. Other than that, from “settings -> applications -> development” enable the USB debugging option.
Also, it is extremely important to backup your data. Even though when using Odin the data isn’t wiped out, in some cases after the update is completed, your tablet might get stuck in a boot loop; for resolving the problem a wipe will be required which means that all the info that is saved on the internal storage memory will be erased. Therefore, avoid the unpleasant situations by making a proper backup.
Do note what I have mentioned earlier. This guide is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, model number T311; so install stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XWUAMH1 firmware by using this tutorial only if you own the mentioned device – else you can end up in bricking your handset.
How to Install stock Android 4.2.2 JB XWUAMH1 Firmware on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T311
- The first thing to do is to install the Galaxy Tab 3 drivers on your computer (get the drivers via Samsung KIES) – skip this steps if the drivers are already installed.
- Then, you will have to download the Android 4.2.2 firmware file – get the update from here.
- Save the file on your computer and unzip the update on desktop.
- Finally, download Odin.
- Unzip, install and also run Odin on your computer.
- Now, take your tablet and turn it off (completely).
- Wait a few second and then reboot in download mode: press and hold power, volume down and home buttons.
- Connect your device with the computer where Odin must be running – use the USB cord for establishing the connection.
- Up next, take a look on Odin as the program should recognize your tablet: the ID:COM section must turn yellow or blue and the “added” message must be displayed; if not, close Odin and unplug the USB cable; also reinstall the drivers on the computer and retry the steps from above.
- From Odin, select the option named “pda”.
- Pick the firmware file from desktop.
- Don’t check the re-partition and f.reset time options.
- Click on “start”.
- And wait while Android 4.2.2 JB XWUAMH1 OS is being installed on your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0.
- You will be done when the “pass” message will be displayed on Odin and when the ID:COM section will turn green.
- Then, you need to remove the USB cable and reboot your tablet.
- If your device will get stuck in a boot loop: enter recovery mode; select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; choose “reboot system now” and you are done.
- Also, in case Odin gets stuck, you need to: remove the USB cable, force restart your tablet, reinstall the drivers and repeat the update process from the beginning.
Good, now you are done. So, congratulations, you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T311 to stock Android 4.2.2 JB XWUAMH1 Firmware. Test the new software and check if there are bugs, issues or things that aren’t working properly. Finally, share the results with us, or write us via comments area from below.