Do you need to manually update your Sprint HTC One Max to official / stock Android 2.09.651.1 4.4.2 KitKat firmware? Well, if so, then you are reading the right guidelines as during the following tutorial we will be checking on how to easily and safely flash stock Android OS on your One Max (compatible only with the Sprint variant of the smartphone). Anyway, don’t hesitate and check the lines from below for further info related to this topic.
Why to flash the official or stock Android OS on your Sprint HTC One Max? That’s easy; usually this kind of operations are being required when you are dealing with several problems such as: you need to revoke root access, you need to restore the warranty of your device, you have to fix a bricked HTC One Max, you want to replace a custom ROM with the stock Android KitKat software and so on. The best is that this operation can be completed on both rooted and locked Android devices so you can anytime apply the steps from below with ease.
So, by completing this guide you will be able to restore the warranty of your Sprint HTC One Max. Also, you will be able to manually apply the OTA 2.09.651.1 Android 4.4.2 in case you haven’t received it yet. Therefore, this update is the same with the OTA release, though you will flash it manually by using the recovery mode of your Sprint HTC One Max. Thus this guide is official as you will not apply a custom ROM developed by third party devs, but the stock ROM provided by HTC and also by Sprint – for the International model of HTC One Max use this dedicated step by step guide.
But before going any further you should first prepare some things; I am talking about the pre requisites list which is being detailed below. Also read all the guidelines from this guide or else you might end up in bricking your handset – in case you mess things up.
- First of all backup your data because in rare cases you can end up in losing everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory of your phone.
- You can anytime use backup and restore apps from Google Play – don’t worry, the apps are free distributed.
- You should backup your text messages, the call logs, the market apps, the contacts list, the internet settings and your personal data, info and accounts along with everything else you might need afterwards.
- Of course a computer will be required as after all this is a manual update procedure.
- On the computer you will be using, first you should deactivate – temporarily only – the security protection such as antivirus or antimalware programs (else these tools might interfere with the flashing operation).
- Then on your phone USB debugging option must be enabled; in order to do so, you should head towards “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Plug in the charger especially if the battery level is lower than 50%; if your Sprint HTC One Max gets turned off in the middle of the installation operation, it might also get bricked.
- Don’t forget that this guide is compatible with the Sprint model of the HTC One Max; thus use the steps from below for flashing Android 4.4.2 09.651.1 4.4.2 KitKat OS only if you own the mentioned Android smartphone.
Install Stock Android 4.4.2 2.09.651.1 OS on Sprint HTC One Max
- On your computer download the Android OS from this link.
- Place the firmware file on your computer but don’t unzip the same.
- Now, connect your smartphone with your computer by plugging in the USB cable.
- Then transfer the update file from your computer to your phone.
- Remove the USB cord and enter recovery mode on your Sprint HTC One Max.
- From recovery select “apply from phone storage” or “apply from sd card”.
- Pick the Android OS and flash the same on your device.
- Then before rebooting select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”; also choose “advanced” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- In the end, from main menu of recovery select “reboot system now” and you are done.
Perfect; so that’s how you can anytime install stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat software on your Sprint HTC One Max. if you have questions, or if you can’t apply the firmware on your device, don’t hesitate and share your problems with us and with our readers by using the comments field from below. Of course we will assist you as soon as possible and we will also update this step by step guide accordingly.