Install SynergyROM Android 4.1.1 Custom OS on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 I535
SynergyROM reaches a new version and now it can be installed on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 . Use this guide and you’ll learn how to successfully flash all the files in this post without losing any data in the process.
This is a custom ROM that is based on Android 4.1.1 VRBLJ1 firmware and it is rooted, deodexed and bloatware free. It has been created and released by Team Synergy, one of the popular XDA developers groups and now you can install on your phone. It comes with a custom and improved init.d script, EXT4 has been tweaked, while the 4G and WiFi speeds have been enhancement. Also, it features a custom System UI. There are multiple other features which you can read by visiting the ROM’s XDA thread here.
In order to correctly install this ROM you need to read the guidelines below:
- This is a guide that works only with the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I535. That’s why you shouldn’t attempt to flash these files on any other device.
- Your phone should on an unlocked bootloader, it has to be rooted and running CWM recovery. Without these requirements being met you cannot complete the installation of SynergyROM.
- It is highly recommended for you to use CWM Recovery mode and create a full NANDROID backup of your currently installed ROM. This will act as cover if you don’t install Synerygy JB ROM correctly, as that might make the device not boot.
- You can save a list of installed apps, create backups of SMS, Call Logs and APN Internet Settings using the following tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android application. Some of them will ask you for root access and you should grant it.
- If you don’t want to lose your Contacts, then you can use this guide HERE and learn how to sync them with your personal Gmail account.
- Enable USB Debugging option from the Android Development Options.
- You have to make sure that the phone’s battery charge level is over 50%, as otherwise the phone will power off while you’re flashing the new ROM.
- Read all the tutorial steps and only when you think you know what you’re doing you should begin installing the ROM. Don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed in the tutorial and make sure to use the comments section to ask for any extra guidance.
Now that you know all of the above, get to the next part of this article.
How to install Synergy JB 4.1.1 custom ROM on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 I535:
- Download the SynergyROM from HERE. Do not extract the zip contents and simply save the file on your PC desktop.
- Use the USB cable and connect your phone to your PC. Now move the ROM zip on to its internal SD card after which you can disconnect the phone from computer.
- Power off the SGS3 Verizon phone.
- Boot it into CWM recovery mode. Do it by pressing and holding at the same time pressed the Volume Up along with Home and Power buttons. Release these buttons only when the ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery main menu appears.
- From the CWM Recovery mode menu select ‘backup and restore’ option. This will help you create a full backup of your current ROM. However, if you already have such file then you can skip this step.
- Next, select the option that says ‘wipe data/ factory reset’. Confirm this action and then get to the next step and learn how to flash the ROM.
- Select ‘install zip from SDcard’ and from the next screen select ‘choose zip from SDcard’. Find the SynergyROM zip and confirm its installation.
- Get to the first screen of recovery and select ‘reboot system now’.
- The first boot of SynergyROM starts now and it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Enter your Google Account details when the welcome screen appears.
- That is all, now you can start testing this new ROM. Tell us in comments if you find any major bugs.
If the first boot process takes too long to complete, then you will have to power off the device by removing its battery. Re-insert the battery after 5 seconds have passed and then you should repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 4. The SynergyROM should install eventually.
These were all the steps you had to take. In case you don’t like this new release of Synergy Android 4.1.1 based custom ROM, then you should use the backup file of the previous ROM and restore your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 I535 to its previous OS.