The Motorola Droid RAZR has been launched last year and recently it has received support for a touch CWM Recovery image. If you wish to start using the ClockworkMod Recovery using the touchscreen and now the volume buttons, then you should read the instructions I’ve listed in this post.
CWM Recovery is a must for Android enthusiasts as it allows you to install new custom ROMs for your device, custom ROMs that are usually created to improve and offer numerous extra customization options so that Android users can get the maximum performances out of their devices. This article teaches you how to successfully install the TOUCH version of CWM Recovery on your Droid RAZR device. It has been said that this works with Gingerbread and ICS ROMs and it has been ported from Galaxy S2 CWM Recovery by an XDA senior community member, hacker812c. Before you can start to install the Clockworkmod Touch Recovery image you should read the pre-requisites guide. Here’s what you need to know:
- install the CWM Touch Recovery only on the International variant of Motorola Droid RAZR device with the model number being XT910. Don’t try to install it on any other Motorola phone nor on any other Android device. Please note that the Verizon DROID RAZR has the model number XT912 and this installation won’t work with it.
- create backups of the files that are currently installed on your device.
- read all the steps listed in the tutorial before starting to apply the CWM Touch Recovery files.
- this guide is for advanced Android users. Don’t attempt to use the tutorial in case you’re a beginner.
- Only rooted Droid Razr devices are compatible with this version of custom recovery image.
- enable debugging mode on your device.
- enable the ‘unknown sources’ option from your device’s Developer Options menu.
- install a file explorer application, something like Astro or File Explorer or ES File Explorer.
- note that you’re installing this file at your own risk and we won’t be held responsible in case you damage your device during the installation.
Now that you know all of the above, it means that you’re ready for the install process of Touch clockworkmod-based recovery. In case you cannot complete the installation, then you should use the comments field and ask for help. Remember not to skip any of the steps listed in the tutorial.
How to install Touch CWM Recovery on Motorola Droid RAZR smartphone:
- Download the CWM Touch Recovery installation APK.
- Move the ‘Razrtouch5845.apk’ file on your Droid RAZR phone.
- Open a File Explorer application.
- Find the location where you’ve copied the CWM Touch recovery image and open it.
- Install the APK and after the installation is complete you should open the App Drawer menu.
- Run Razr Touch Bootstrapper applications.
- Click the ‘Bootstrap Touch CWM’ to begin the installation of recovery image.
- Tap the ‘Grant / Allow’ button when you’re asked for root access.
- Now your device will start to install the Touch CWM Recovery files. When the installation is complete you should reboot the device.
- To enter CWM Touch Recovery you will need to press the Reboot Touch CWM from your device.
- That’s it, now you are free to use this custom recovery image and install new custom ROM’s on your Droid RAZR device.
These were all the steps you had to take. In case you cannot complete the tutorial then you should let us know by posting in our comments section and we will try to offer the best support so that you’ll eventually manage to get the CWM Touch Recovery on your smartphone.
Remember that this installation isn’t working if your device isn’t rooted, which is why you should use the instructions in this pot to root yours. However, if your device is rooted and the CWM Touch Recovery isn’t functional then it means that some other thing isn’t working and you should try to explain in comments exactly what steps you took and where you got stuck or the error message displayed on your device when trying to install the custom touch recovery APK file.