Install TouchWiz 5 from Galaxy S3 on HTC One X
TouchWiz 5 home launcher has been launched with the Samsung Galaxy S3 and an XDA Forum Member, Ppain, decided that it would be a good idea to port it on the HTC One X. Use the instructions listed in this article and you will learn how to successfully install TouchWiz 5 on your HTC One X phone using the CWM recovery mode.
This release is destined to be used by Android enthusiasts and HTC users that would love to get some features from S3 and port them on the One X device. The installation works exclusively with the HTC One X phone that is running an Android 4.0 ICS ROM. It doesn’t work with the new Jelly Bean iteration and this means that in case you’re currently running the Jelly Bean on your One X then it would be better to stay away from this release of TouchWiz 5.
Now that you know all this, I think that you should move to the tutorial below and learn how to install this Galaxy S3 stock launcher on your One X smartphone. Make sure that you know how to use CWM Recovery and how to flash files using it.
Make sure that your device is running an ICS ROM and that the CWM Recovery image is installed on it. Mount your internal sdcard and make sure that you can copy files on it. Enable USB Debugging mode.
How to install the TouchWiz 5 from Samsung Galaxy S3 on your HTC One X smartphone
- Download the TouchWiz 5 launcher from here.
- Save the file on your computer’s desktop. Do not extract the archive contents.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Now, transfer the launcher zip file on your phone’s internal SD card.
- Disconnect the phone from your PC and then power OFF the One X.
- Boot into bootloader or HBOOT mode. It can be done by pressing and holding ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons.
- Select ‘RECOVERY’ option and press Power to load and boot CWM recovery mode.
- When you’re in ClockworkMod Recovery you should select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Find the TouchWiz 5 home launcher zip and confirm that you want to install it.
- When the installation is complete you should return to the main recovery menu.
- Select ‘reboot system’ option and then wait for your phone to boot into normal mode.
- When you’re asked to choose the default home launcher, select ‘TouchWiz’ and that should do it. Now your HTC One X is running the Galaxy S3 stock launcher.
These were all the steps that you had to take and now you should start using the new home launcher on your One X and see if it is better than the HTC Sense UI. Use the comments section to post info about all the bugs you find in this release of TW5 for One X. Also, in case you cannot complete the installation you should ask for our help by leaving a comment at the end of this post.