The TWRP Recovery can be installed on the HTC Droid DNA smartphone and now you can easily learn how to flash it by using all the instructions that I have listed in this post. Read the entire article and if you cannot complete the install, then you can easily ask for more help in comments.
It has been released by Dees_Troy, an XDA member and developer. Team Win Recovery Project, or TWRP, along with the CWM Recovery are the best custom recoveries that you can use on your smartphone. It is the 2.4.0 beta version and it has been build with ‘libtar’ and not busybox. It seems to be very stable despite being in its beta stage.
You can use the TWRP Recovery to flash custom ROMs, custom kernels, mods and any other Android customization files and tools. Before getting to the how-to guide, you should read the preparation info below:
- this guide works only with the HTC Droid DNA. Do not attempt to flash this new TWRP Recovery on any other Android device.
- You need a computer running Windows. Also, make sure that your PC doesn’t run the HTC Sync software. However, you still need for your PC to have installed the HTC USB drivers for your smartphone.
- Disable any antivirus applications as these will interfere with the installation process.
- Your smartphone has to be on an unlocked bootloader as otherwise you cannot install this custom recovery image.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your device. This will connect your device with your PC and you’ll be able to flash the custom recovery files.
- Use this guide only if you’re an advanced user and you want to use it for installing new custom ROMs or any other Android modification.
- Please note that we cannot be blamed in case you lose any data files in the process. Make sure that you don’t skip any steps listed and that you won’t held us responsible if you brick the device.
- After you install the TWRP Recovery image you will also have to flash a custom UI theme for it and that guide is listed at the end of this post. So, make sure that you flash that zip file also.
- If you’re having problems with this custom recovery, then you should ask for more help in comments.
I think that these are all the guidelines that you had to go over. Now you need to get to the next part of this post.
How to install TWRP Recovery on HTC Droid DNA:
- Download Fastboot zip file from HERE. Extract its contents and save them in a single folder on your PC desktop. NOTE: The folder should be named ‘fastboot’.
- Download the TWRP 2.4.0 zip from HERE. Next, after the download is complete you have to rename the file to ‘recovery.img’. After that you can move this file in the Fastboot folder. Get to the next step.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into Fastboot mode by pressing at the same time Volume Down and Power which will load the Bootloader Mode selection. Select ‘Fastboot’ option and then get to the next step.
- Connect your HTC Droid DNA to your PC.
- Go to ‘Fastboot’ folder on your PC. Press Shift key and, at the same time, right-click on the folder’s white space. Select ‘open command window here’.
- The Command Prompt will appear and you have to enter this command: fastboot devices
- Install the TWRP Recovery by entering this command line: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now, type this: fastboot reboot
- This will restart your device and boot into normal mode.
- That’s it, you’ve successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your HTC Droid DNA.
Install the following Theme UI fix for your device using the steps below:
- Download the FactoryROM TWRP DNA UI zip from HERE. Save the file on your PC desktop.
- Rename the downloaded file to ‘ui.zip’.
- Power off your device.
- Boot it into Bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down and Power at the same time.
- Select the ‘Recovery’ option from the Bootloader Mode options. A TWRP folder will be added to your phone’s internal SDcard.
- Select ‘reboot system’ from the Recovery menu and then the phone will boot into normal mode.
- Find the TWRP Folder using a File Manager. In it you should create another folder named ‘theme’.
- Connect the phone to PC via USB cable and then transfer the ‘Ui.zip’ file in to the ‘theme’ folder.
- Power off your device and then you should boot into TWRP Recovery to verify that the theme was installed successfully.
That’s it, you’ve successfully managed to install this custom recovery image on your device. If you have any other questions then you should leave them at the end of this post.
This TWRP Recovery can now be used to install custom ROMs or any other customization files for your device.