TWRP Recovery is a custom Recovery image that allows you to flash new custom ROMs for your Android tablet or smartphone. It is a great tool and, if your device is rooted and it doesn’t have a custom Recovery then TWRP is the one for you.
TeamWinRecoveryProject is similar to ClockworkMod Recovery but it might be better because it is touch-based instead of text. You simply press several times your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 screen and the new custom ROM is flashed with success. You can use the TWRP Recovery with your Galaxy Tab 2 and create backups, restore backups, flash custom ROMs, custom kernels or any other customization file. In order to make sure that you successfully install the TWRP Recovery files then you should follow the instructions that I have listed below:
- Use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 inch with the model numbers P5110 (Wi-FI) and P5100 (3G). Check the tablet model by opening Settings, then you can find the info under the ‘About tablet’ section. Don’t install this version of TWRP on any other Android device.
- You will use a Windows PC and that means that you should have the Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 installed on it. If you are not sure about that, then you can download them: Galaxy Tab 2 USB drivers for Windows 32-bit x86 or Windows 64-bit x64.
- If you have Samsung KIES installed, them you will have to disable it completely. If it is enabled then it will interfere with the installation process of TWRP Recovery.
- Disable all the antivirus applications that are enabled on your PC.
- Make sure that the tablet has enough battery power left before starting the installation.
- This guide will work for advanced users and for tablets that are already rooted.
- Don’t blame us in case you lose any data files or in case you brick the tablet. Make sure to read the entire post and you shouldn’t skip any steps that I have listed below.
- If you have any other questions, then you should ask for more help in our comments section. Leave a detailed note so that we will be able to offer you the best solutions.
How to install TWRP Recovery on your tablet using GooManager app from Google Play Store:
There is an easy way to flash the TWRP Recovery as you should open the Google Play Store, download and install Goo Manager on your tablet. After that you need to launch the GooManager app and then select ‘Install OpenRecoveryScript’ and confirm the process. Now, the TWRP Recovery will download and install automatically all files.
If you cannot install the recovery using the method above, then you should try the one listed below and learn how to flash the custom Recovery using ODIN application.
Now that you know all of the above, continue to the installation part of this guide.
How to flash TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 / P5100:
- Download Odin 3.04 from HERE. Extract the contents of this zip and save them on your PC.
- Download the TWRP Recovery image file from the download links below:
> TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 here.
> TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 here.
- Save the corresponding TWRP Recovery file to ODIN folder.
- Boot your tablet into Download Mode. For that, you need to press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the screen powers ON and you see an yellow triangle. Now, press Volume Down to enter the Android Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN executable now.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 2 to your PC using the USB cable. Odin will display a confirmation message that the tablet has been ‘added!!’.
- Go to ODIN window and click PDA. Browse your PC for the TWRP Recovery .tar file and then load it into ODIN.
- Don’t change any default settings of ODIN. Press the START button when you’re ready for the installation process.
- After the install is complete you will notice that ODIN says PASS and the tablet restarts.
- Wait for the tablet to reboot and then it will load the Android OS. This means that the installation was successful and you can disconnect the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from your PC.
NOTE: In case ODIN doesn’t complete the install or you receive the FAIL message, then you will need to disconnect the phone from PC, close ODIN and force the tablet to power into Download Mode again by pressing Volume Up and Power at the same time. Press Volume Down button to enter Download Mode once again and then repeat the entire tutorial once again starting with step 5.
We hope that you device booted successfully into normal mode and that the TWRP Recovery mode has been loaded. Now that you’ve installed this new custom Recovery, you will need to know how to boot your device into Recovery mode:
- Power off the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
- Next, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons, both at the same time. When the screen powers on you will need to release the buttons.
- The TWRP Recovery mode will load in a few moments and it is ready to use.
- To exit Recovery mode and boot into normal mode, then you should tap once the Reboot option and then select ‘System’.
That’s it, these were all the instructions that you had to go over in order to install the TWRP Recovery for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model.