After rooting and unlocking the bootloader of your LeTv 1S it’s time to go deeper into tweaking your new Android powered smartphone. Thus, today, during the present step by step guide we will be checking how to install a custom recovery image on your phone. Our choice is TWRP recovery, so basically, after completing this tutorial you will be able to easily reboot your own LeTv 1S into TWRP recovery in order to customize, optimize, personalize and power up your device.
I know that your phone comes with the stock Android recovery image installed, but if you really want to access the internal system of your LeTv 1S you first have to replace the stock software with a custom recovery environment, just like the TWRP recovery platform. As you might know, by default, with the stock recovery you can only apply official operations such as making a hard reset, clearing app data cache, managing OTAs or making a backup. However, if you replace this environment, your possibilities will be endless.
Here are the most important operations that can be applied on the LeTv 1S once TWRP recovery is installed on your phone: remove bloatware, uninstall start-up programs, install new features that cannot be found on the stock Android firmware, flash a custom kernel, update with a custom ROM software such as CyanogenMod, AOKP or Paranoid Android, make Nandroid backups, overclock or undervolt CPU frequencies and so much more.
As it should be obvious by now, installing a custom recovery image isn’t an operation that is supported by Google or by your OEM. As a result, you will now lose the warranty of your LeTv 1S – you cannot install TWRP recovery without experiencing this situation. Therefore, unfortunately you have nothing to worry about – that’s why a good idea is to bookmark a dedicated tutorial through which to learn how to manually unbrick your Android powered smartphone.
I also recommend you to backup your LeTv 1S. Sync your data with your account, maybe download some dedicated backup and restore apps from Google Play or just use other cloud storage platforms; the general idea is that you must save everything before doing anything else – in some situations the data gets corrupted or even wiped out during the TWRP recovery installation process. In most situations it is enough to save stuffs like internet settings, EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data, images, videos, audio files, market apps, calendar info, saved passwords, contacts, text messages or call logs.
TWRP can be flashed only if you can use a computer – the software package along with another dedicated flashing program must be downloaded on your computer or on your notebook. The LeTv 1S and its USB cable must be near too – actually, on your computer you must flash your phone’s USB drivers first. Then, on your phone you must enable the USB Debugging option – that can be done only if you are a developer so: from “menu – settings – about phone” tap seven times on Built Number and then from “menu – settings – developer options” check the USB Debugging field.
As a precaution measure you have to charge your smartphone before performing the steps from down below. However, if the power displayed on your LeTv 1S is higher than 50% you can skip this process. Otherwise, you must plug in the charger – else your phone can get switched off while you flash the TWRP recovery software and in that particular situation various software related problems can be issued.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on the LeTv 1S
- On your computer, from this page download the SP Flash Tool; then, from here download the TWRP recovery file.
- Moreover, on your PC the Android SDK utility should be installed – for Windows you can use this guide while for MAC OS X / Linux you can use this tutorial instead.
- Now run the Flashing tool by double clicking on the Spflashtool.exe executable file.
- From the window that will be opened click on Scatter-loading and pick the scatter file which can be found inside the SP Flash Tool folder.
- Select Download Agent as DA_PL.bin recovery and userdata.
- Now, click on Download.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Connect your LeTv 1S with your computer with the help of the USB cord.
- The installation process should be now automatically initiated and completed.
- When done, remove the USB cable and just reboot your phone.
- In case you experience a boot loop issue, access the recovery mode and make a hard reset by choosing “wipe data factory reset”. Also clear app data cache by picking “wipe dalvick cache”. When done, from main menu of recovery choose “reboot system now”.
Great; TWRP recovery is now running smoothly on your own LeTv 1S. You can start using this software in order to perform any other customization and optimization procedure. TWRP recovery can be easily used as it comes with an intuitive touch based interface and with various built-in settings and helpful features. Enjoy.