The Google Nexus 10 has been launched several weeks ago and users who wish to flash new custom ROMs and modifications for their devices. This guide contains a tutorial that will teach you how to flash the TWRP Recovery using an one-click applications. Make sure that you read the entire post before moving to the tutorial.
Team Win Recovery Project created their own custom recovery image so that all power users can use their tool to flash new custom ROMs for their tablets. It is an easy to follow guide and it is destined to be used by users who don’t want to use a command prompt to flash the required TWRP Recovery.
From now on, you will see multiple new custom ROMs that will be launched for your Nexus 10 and, if you’re a power user and you wish to test such Android 4.2 & Nexus 10 customization files then you need to use such custom recovery images.
If your Google Nexus 10 is on an unlocked bootloader and rooted, then you can move to the tutorial guide below. Remember that this guide and the one-click tool only works with the Google Nexus 10 tablet device, so you shouldn’t attempt to install it on any other Android device.
The app you’ll use is named MazWoz Recovery Flasher and it is one of the easiest methods that you can use to flash a custom recovery on smartphones and tablets. Now that you know all of the above I think that you should move to the next part of this post and flash the one-click application.
Your computer needs the Google Nexus 10 USB Drivers installed. Also, the USB Debugging option should be
How to flash TWRP Recovery using MazWoz Recovery Flasher for Google Nexus 10:
- Download the application from HERE. Unzip the contents and then save the file on your PC desktop screen. The folder should have 4 files.
- Power off your Google Nexus 10.
- Boot it into Fastboot mode by pressing at the same time ‘volume up’, ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons. When the screen powers on you will see the ‘Start’ text.
- Connect your tablet to your computer using the USB cable.
- Launch the ‘Recovery Flasher’ exe file. Flash Nexus Recovery window will appear now and the files will be pre-selected by the app.
- When you’re ready you should click ‘FLASH’ and then click YES to confirm the process.
- Now the installation of TWRP Recovery will start and you should wait until it is complete.
- When the install is finished you will notice that your tablet has rebooted in to normal mode.
- Unplug the Nexus 10 from your PC. These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully flash TWRP Recovery image.
Test to see if the TWRP Recovery mode works by powering off the tablet. After that you will need to press the following buttons at the same time: volume up, volume down, power. When the fastboot mode loads, use the volume buttons to scroll through the options until you reach the Recovery mode. Select it and then your tablet will boot the TWRP Recovery.
That’s it, these were all the steps that I had for you and now you can use the custom recovery mode to flash new custom ROMs and any other files that you want to use in order to customize your Nexus 10 tablet. If you cannot complete the installation, then you should ask for more help in comments.