Do you want to customize and optimize your Motorola Moto E? If you want to learn how to easily power up the performances of your Android smartphone, then you should root its system. So, the same should be applied for the Moto E users who should gain root access on their device in order to spice things up a little bit. But, before gaining root access you first have to complete other operations such as unlocking the bootloader (check the link for a compatible tutorial) and installing a custom recovery image such as TWRP recovery.
Therefore, by using this step by step guide you will be able to learn how to prepare your Moto E for the root process. In that matter during the guidelines from below we will be checking how to easily install a custom recovery image (TWRP recovery) on your Motorola Moto E. As you will see, completing this operation will only take a minute as thanks to those of xda-developers we can now easily tweak your Android smartphone. Anyway, for further info on this matter, don’t hesitate and check the following lines.
TWRP recovery is one of the most used custom recovery app for Android platform. In fact TWRP recovery represents the touch based software of the classic CWM recovery, the same being also an improved and user friendly version of the already mentioned CWM recovery. Also, TWRP recovery is available for almost all the Android based devices out there and now you can install this custom recovery tool on your Motorola Moto E too. Using a custom recovery is great as this app is enabling access between you and your phone’s internal system.
Due to same users, by using TWRP recovery on Moto E, you will be able to perform operations like: gaining root access, installing a custom kernel, making a Nandroid backup, flashing a custom ROM firmware, removing bloatware and lot more. Therefore, if you are an advanced user or if you want to improve the performances of your Motorola Moto E, then installing TWRP recovery is a must have. Of course, as you can already tell, this operation isn’t official which means that the warranty of your smartphone will get void – try not to mess things up as you can end up in bricking your handset.
A backup is recommended because in some cases – rare ones – while completing the steps from below, the data which is saved on the internal storage memory might get wiped out or corrupted. So, for avoiding unpleasant situations from happening, we are recommending you a backup operation – you can anytime use backup and restore apps from Google Play that can be used for saving the contacts list, call logs, internet settings, messages, market apps, personal data, info, accounts and more.
Before applying anything from this tutorial, read the list from below and apply the pre requisites which I have detailed during the same.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Moto E (use the link which was provided in the beginning of this step by step guide), or else you won’t be able to install TWRP recovery on your Android smartphone.
- Make sure that you can use a computer, laptop or desktop, your phone and its USB cable.
- On the computer you are using disable the security protection because programs like antivirus or antimalware might interfere with our flashing operation.
- On your device enable USB Debugging option by going to “menu – settings – developer options”.
- Check the battery status of your handset: if there is less than 60% power left, before going any further plug in the charger – if your phone gets turned off in the middle of the flashing operation it might also get bricked.
- Make sure that you are installing TWRP recovery by using this step by step guide only on the Motorola Moto E. The steps from below are compatible only with the mentioned Android smartphone.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto E in a minute or less
- On your computer before doing anything else install Android SDK: install Android SDK on Windows or set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- Then turn off your Moto E as you need to reboot it in fastboot mode.
- In order to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power keys together for about 6 or 7 seconds.
- On your computer download the TWRP recovery file (go to this page) and place the file on the same folder as Android SDK.
- Connect your Moto E with your computer by plugging in the USB cable.
- Navigate to the Android SDK folder and from there open a command prompt window.
- In the CMD window type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”.
- From fastboot mode, press volume down and highlight recovery and press power button to select.
- Your device will be booted into recovery mode; now the touch will not work right away so just wait for about a minute before doing anything else on your phone.
- In order to go back to recovery select “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Motorola Moto E. Therefore, now you can look forward in completing other custom operations on your device; in that matter, stay close and check our daily posts as we will bring compatible step by step guides for your Android smartphone. If you have questions, don’t hesitate and use the comments field from below in order to share your thoughts with us and with our readers.