TWRP Recovery is a custom recovery that has been created by the Team Win developers. You can use this article and learn how to successfully flash it on your Motorola Razr HD XT925. This is an easy to apply guide and you should know that you will also need to root your smartphone before flashing such custom recovery image.
Since Motorola already release their own bootloader unlocking guide and tools, then you only need to flash a custom recovery on a rooted XT925 model phone and then you can install new custom ROMs or any other customization files, that will improve the overall Android experience for you.
XDA member and developer, madmoney57, is the one who released this TWRP Recovery for Motorola Razr HD and before install it you will have to read the preparation info below. Note that you should read the entire article and only when you’re sure that you can install successfully all the files, you should get to the tutorial.
Here’s what you need to know in order to correctly configure your Motorola Razr HD XT925 for the installation of TWRP Recovery:
- Use this guide and the files in this post only with the Motorola Razr HD XT925 phone. Don’t use the files with the Droid-branded devices as it won’t work and you might brick the phone. Check the info under ‘About phone’ section and if the XT925 model number is listed, then you’re good to go and flash TWRP Recovery on it.
- The Motorola device should be on an unlocked bootloader (Guide HERE).
- You need an Windows OS computer and it should have the Motorola USB Drivers installed. This will force the PC to recognize the device when connected via USB.
- The Android SDK should be installed on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option from the Android Developer Options. You should find this in the Settings menu.
- Make sure that you disable all antivirus and security software apps that are currently running on your PC. Such apps might try to block the installation of TWRP Recovery.
- Your phone’s battery should be over 50% as you wouldn’t want for the device to power off while you’re flashing the new custom recovery files.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick the device or you lose any important data in the process.
- Create backups of all your important data files.
- Read the entire tutorial and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that I have listed in this post. If you have problems installing this new custom recovery then you should ask for extra help in comments.
These were all the extra steps you had to go over before moving on to the tutorial guide.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Motorola Razr HD XT925:
- Download the Fastboot zip from HERE.
- Extract the contents of Fastboot and save them in a folder with the same name. Place the folder on your computer’s desktop screen.
- Download the TWRP Recovery img file from HERE. When the download is complete you should move the TWRP Recovery img file in the Fastboot folder; the one created at step 2.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Next, boot it into Bootloader Selection Menu mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power. Release the buttons when the selection menu appears.
- Choose ‘Fastboot’ option and then load it.
- Now you can connect your device to your PC using the USB data cable. The device driver will install and you can get to the next step when its done.
- Open the Fastboot folder and then press and hold ‘shift’ key and, at the same time, right-click on the folder’s white space. Select from the context menu the option that says ‘Open Command window here’.
- Command Prompt screen will appear and you have to enter the following command lines in order to flash the TWRP Recovery:
- fastboot devices – this will detect your smartphone.
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-hdrecovery.img – this installs the TWRP Recovery image.
- fastboot reboot – this command should be entered after the installation is complete. Your phone will now reboot into normal mode and after that you can unplug the device from PC.
- After the installation is complete it means that you’re also done with this tutorial.
If you want to enter the TWRP Recovery mode you will need to repeat steps 4 and 5. Then, select ‘Recovery’ option from the Boot Selection Menu and your device will load the custom recovery mode.
These were all the steps that you had to take and now you’re free to begin testing the recovery mode. Use it to install new custom ROMs or any other files that you want to use on your device.
If you’re having any extra problems with this tutorial, then you should ask for more help in comments and we will try to come up with a solution to your problems.