TWRP Recovery or Team Win Recovery Project is a custom image mode that you can use for installing custom ROMs and flash other Android files in order to improve the overall performance of your Galaxy S Plus model number I9001. Use the info that I have posted here and learn how to successfully install it on your smartphone.
This TWRP Recovery is a full touch UI that you can use to install custom ROM files and other zip files for your Galaxy S Plus. It comes with numerous features and functions and you can use it to create ROM backups, install custom ROMs, backup and restore specific partitions, install multiple zips simultaneously, clear cache and dalvik cache, recover files etc. Note that this TWRP Recovery image tool can be used by advanced users and it works only with the Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 which means that you shouldn’t attempt to install it on any other Android devices.
It has been created by an XDA senior member whose username is ‘dbx4′ and all credit should go to him. Here’s what you need to know before moving to the tutorial guide:
- This build of TWRP Recovery works exclusively with the Galaxy S Plus model number I9001. Check your phone’s model number by going through ‘Settings’ then select ‘About phone’ and there you will find the info you’re looking for.
- Make sure that you have the correct Samsung USB Drivers installed on your PC. Download them from HERE and after the download is complete proceed and install them.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your phone. It can be found in Settings > Applications > Development. Turn this option ON, as without it enabled you won’t be able to install the new ROM.
- Charge the phone’s battery until it goes over 70% as you wouldn’t want for your phone to power OFF during the installation of TWRP custom recovery image.
- This tutorial should be applied by advanced Android users. Do not blame us in case your device gets bricked or your you lose data.
- Try and create backups of your important files before moving to the tutorial. You can move on your PC and after the TWRP recovery software is applied you can restore them in the same way.
Now that you’ve read all of the above, I think that you should move to the tutorial guide and learn how to install this new custom recovery image for your smartphone.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S I9001 Plus
- Download the TWRP custom recovery image file from HERE.
- Next, download the I9001 Quick Flasher utility from HERE. Extract the contents of this rar file into a single folder on your PC.
- After you’ve extracted the Quick Flasher rar archived files, you should double click the ‘sgsflasher_x86.exe’ for X86 32-bit Windows PC or the ‘sgsflasher_x64.exe’ for the X64 64-bit Windows OS PC. This will launch the Quick Flasher tool and you should see the program’s main window.
- Connect your SGS Plus I9001 phone to your PC via USB cable. Remember that the USB Debugging option should be enabled.
- Go back to the Quick Flasher screen. Tick the ‘Flash a new recovery’ option from its menu.
- Next, click ‘Browse’ and find the TWRP Recovery image file and select it to load in the program.
- Now click ‘START’ button and Quick Flasher will begin the installation of the new TWRP Recovery files.
- When the Galaxy S Plus will reboot it means that the TWRP image file was installed.
- Now you should try and see if it works. Power OFF the device completely and then press and hold ‘volume up’ + ‘power’ simultaneously until the Samsung logo is displayed. Press the Menu button to load the recovery mode.
- That’s it now you can use TWRP Recovery on your phone. Reboot the system by select ‘Reboot’ option from its menu.
NOTE: In case your Galaxy S Plus boots continuously into recovery after the installation, then it means that you will be forced to apply the steps listed below and repair the bug. In case your device loads into normal Android boot then you can skip this last part of the guide.
Here’s what you need to do in case your Galaxy S Plus I9001 boots in TWRP Recovery mode every time you try to boot in normal mode:
- Download the ‘AriesVE’ zip file from HERE. After the download is complete you should extract the file contents and you will get an ‘AriesVE.ops’ file.
- Download the ‘boot_loader.tar’ file from HERE. This file shouldn’t be extracted as it is a ‘.tar’ file and it doesn’t require extraction.
- Next, download the Odin v4.43 file from HERE.
- After you’ve downloaded all the above files, you should power OFF the smartphone.
- Boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding simultaneously the ‘volume down’, ‘home’ and ‘power’ buttons. When the Download mode logo appears you should move to the next step.
- On your PC launch ODIN executable.
- Click the ‘OPS’ button and browse for the ‘AriesVE.ops’ file, select it and it will be loaded into ODIN.
- Now click on the ‘BOOT’ button and browse for the ‘boot_loader.tar’ file, select it and it will be loaded in ODIN.
- Connect the Galaxy S Plus I9001 to your PC via USB cable. ODIN should now say ‘ADDED!!’. If ODIN doesn’t display the ‘added’ alert then your computer doesn’t have the Samsung USB Drivers installed. Return to this step after you install them correctly.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and ODIN will begin to flash the files selected above.
- When the installation is complete your phone will reboot normally and the boot loop bug was fixed. Now your phone will reboot normally after exiting TWRP Recovery mode.
In case ODIN gets stuck during the installation, you should disconnect the phone from PC, close ODIN, power off the device, remove its battery, re-insert it and then repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 5.
I hope that this guide helped you install the TWRP custom recovery image on your device and that from now on you will use it to flash and install new custom ROMs. With this custom recovery image you will be able flash new zip files and improve the overall performance of your Galaxy S Plus I9001.
If you have any extra questions, please feel free to post in comments. Also, for any extra tips and tricks, use the same comments section and lets us know about them.