How to Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find 5
In order to customize and optimize your Oppo Find 5 you must first complete some preparation procedures that are usually performed for unchaining the internal system of your device, so that you can have access to the same. And the first procedure to begin with consists in installing a custom recovery image. So, during the present step by step guide we will be checking on how to install TWRP Recovery on your Oppo Find 5 smartphone. The procedure was first developed by those of xda-developers therefore we have them to thanks for this tutorial.
TWRP recovery is the touch version of CWM recovery, the app offering a user friendly interface and a more intuitive menu that can be accessed by using the touch capabilities of your smartphone, meaning that you can use the recovery menu without using the side buttons of your phone. Like any other recovery tools, TWRP recovery comes with important features which can be used for performing several operations such as: wiping, backing up the data and the current ROM, installing .zip files from the SD card or from the internal storage, rooting, and more.
So, after installing TWRP recovery on the Oppo Find 5 you will be able to customize and optimize the performances of your handset by updating with a custom ROM, or beta firmware, removing in built programs, performing maintenance operations, installing complex apps and tools and so on. As you can see, there are many reasons for completing this tutorial, flashing TWRP recovery on your Find 5 being a must have and not an option for you.
Now, as this is a complex and risky tutorial, for safely performing the same, you must first apply the pre requisites. Therefore here is what you need to do: you will have to use a Windows running computer, the Oppo Find 5 and its USB cable. On the computer and smartphone you should deactivate all the security programs, antivirus and Firewall protection included. Then, on the same computer the Android SDK and ADB drivers should be installed. If you don’t know how to install the tools, check our suitable step by step guide by using our how to section.
Then the Oppo Find 5 drivers should be installed on the computer; you can get them by using the link from here. Furthermore, enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to “Settings -> developer”. Also, for avoiding the unpleasant situations you will have to charge the handset especially if you notice that there is less than 60% power left. In case your phone gets turned off in the middle of the installation procedure, you will risk in bricking your handset.
You shouldn’t go any further without backing up the data. I strongly recommend you to save all of your personal info because the system might get wiped out. So, backup the text messages, the contacts list, call logs, market apps and everything else you need to.
Also, remember that this guide has been developed and made available by those of xda-developers, so we are not dealing with an official operation. By completing the same the warranty of your device will get void. So, be careful in what you do and try not to mess things up; take notice that the tutorial is being suitable only with the Oppo Find 5 therefore do not apply the next steps if you own a similar or different Android based handset.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find 5
- On your computer download fastboot.
- The download link is here.
- Then, download the TWRP Recovery file from here.
- Extract fastboot so that you can get a folder with 5 files inside.
- Also, extract the recovery file in order to get the .img file.
- Copy the .img file on the same folder with fastboot.
- Up next, connect the smartphone with the computer by using its USB cable.
- If you will be asked for the drivers, point it to the folder where you have extracted the drivers files (see the pre requisites).
- Up next, go to the fastboot folder and open the same.
- Press and hold the SHIFT button on your keyboard, then right-click on an empty part of the screen. Select “Open command window here”.
- In the cmd window that will be displayed type “fastboot devices”.
- Your phone should be detected now (a device ID with some random letters and numbers will be there); if not you will have to reinstall the drivers on the computer.
- On the same cmd window now type “adb reboot bootloader”; your handset will be booted into bootloader mode.
- Up next, enter the command “fastboot flash recovery filename.img” (replace filename with the name of the recovery file).
- The flashing procedure will now begin; in the end the “OKAY” message will be displayed.
- You can unplug the USB cable and reboot your Find 5.
- If you want to boot into TWRP recovery, you will have to: turn off the phone; reboot by pressing on the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time; the recovery mode menu will be displayed.
So that was all; now you know how to manually install TWRP Recovery on the Oppo Find 5. Therefore you can look forward in updating your handset with a custom ROM firmware or performing other customization and optimization operations for improving the Android experience and the performances of your device. Stay close for further step by step guides suitable with the Oppo Find 5 and if you have questions or something to share with us, use the comments area from below.