T-Mobile just rolled out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update for the Samsung Galaxy S4; the firmware is dubbed as UVUFNB4 and represents a stable update that comes with important stability improvements and with great features, apps and capabilities. If you haven’t received the OTA so far, or if you can’t update your phone over-the-air, don’t hesitate and use the present tutorial. By using the guidelines from below you will be able to learn how to install official UVUFNB4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 model number M919.
As you know, the OTA release can’t be flashed when your Galaxy S4 is rooted, or installed with a custom ROM firmware. So, if you can’t automatically apply UVUFNB4 Android 4.4 on your T-Mobile Galaxy S4, use a compatible step by step guide, like this one. The flashing procedure will not be hard to complete, as this operation is official – you are not dealing with a custom ROM but with the official launch of Android KK OS. Because of that, the firmware will be applied by using Odin and not any other complex or risky program.
UVUFNB4 is a stable variant of Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS that is compatible only with the T-Mobile model of the Samsung Galaxy S4. According to those who have already installed the update, the software is working without lags, there are no issues, bugs or any other reported problems and the OS is smoothly running on the SGS4. Moreover, with UVUFNB4 flashed your T-Mobile S4 will offer improved performances as the battery life will be upgraded, the speeds bumped, the Android system optimized and customized and the web browsing experience updated. If you want to obtain all that, just take a look below, read the guidelines, apply the prerequisites and then learn how to manually update your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 UVUFNB4 firmware using Odin.
Odin is an official program which is developed by Samsung and compatible only with Samsung branded Android based devices. Furthermore, the program is usually used on updates type of operations, though you can also root your handset by using the same program (if you can flash a rooted OS). Now this guide will be compatible with both rooted and unrooted Galaxy S4, but installing the official Android OS will imply in revoking root access, if root has been previously ensured. Because of that, this tutorial can also be used for restoring the warranty on your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 (the warranty usually gets void when gaining root, unlocking the bootloader or performing other unofficial procedures), or for fixing your bricked Android smartphone.
Before starting the proper update operation you should want to backup your data. I know that it is unlikely to lose something while using Odin, but why risking? In rare cases, the data might get corrupted or even wiped out, so the best will be to backup everything that’s saved on the internal storage of your SGS4, especially the contacts list, call logs, market apps, text messages, EFS folder and your personal data, info and accounts. In that matter you can anytime go to Google Play and download free distributed backup and restore apps.
On the other hand, it should be clear for you that this tutorial is showing you a manual update operation that can be used for installing official UVUFNB4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on T-Mobile Galaxy S4. Because of that, before heading to the proper guide you need to ensure some things. The first thing to do is to make sure that a computer running on Windows can be used, while your smartphone and its USB cable should also be near you. Of course a connection between these devices will be established; due to same reasons on your phone USB debugging option must be enabled – just go to “menu – settings – developer options”.
Furthermore, on your computer the best will be to temporarily deactivate the security protection; do that because in some cases the antivirus programs for example might interfere with Odin. Your Android smartphone should have more than 50% power left, or else it might get turned off in the middle of the flashing procedure and also get bricked. So for avoiding the unpleasant situations, first of all plug in the charger. Don’t forget that Samsung released the UVUFNB4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat update only for the T-Mobile model of the Galaxy S4, thus this step by step guide is compatible only with the mentioned Android smartphone. Don’t mess things up as you can easily end up in bricking your Android device.
How to Install UVUFNB4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on T-Mobile Galaxy S4
- The first thing to do is to download Odin on your computer.
- Then unzip the downloaded package on desktop and install the program by following the on-screen prompts.
- Up next, from here download the update file.
- Place the firmware on desktop and unzip the same on the same folder as Odin.
- Good; now install the Galaxy S4 drivers on your computer; if you don’t have the drivers use Samsung KIES for completing this step.
- Now, turn off your device and wait a few seconds before going any further.
- Enter your smartphone in download mode: just press and hold volume down, home and power buttons at the same time.
- Then run Odin on your computer and plug in the USB cable for establishing a connection between your PC and your device.
- On Odin now the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue and the “added” message should be displayed. If not, you will have to close the program and unplug the USB cable. Moreover, force restart your phone, reinstall the drivers on the PC and repeat the steps from above once more.
- From Odin click on “PA” and then pick the Android 4.4 firmware file from desktop.
- You shouldn’t change anything else on the program; at this point you should click on “start”.
- Don’t press anything else while the update procedure is running.
- In the end the “pass” message will be displayed on Odin while the ID:COM section will turn green; then you will be able to remove the USB cable and reboot your smartphone.
Good job; you have successfully completed our dedicated step by step guide. So, now you know how to manually update your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS by using Odin. UVUFNB4 software is running on your Android smartphone so the best will be to try it out. Don’t forget to share your experience and thoughts with us by using the comments field from below.