XenonHD is a custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 and it can be installed for Galaxy Nexus model number I9250 (GSM International). Use this tutorial and you’ll learn how to successfully flash all the files. Read the entire post and begin the installation only when you’re sure that you can install XenonHD ROM without damaging your device.
This is a custom ROM that’s table and it comes with all the functions of Android 4.2.1. It has been created by Team Horizon and it used the AOSP Android 4.2.1 as a base. It brings tons of tweaks and enhancements for your device. In order to correctly flash this new custom ROM on your device, you have to read these guidelines:
- This is a ROM that it works with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus model numbers I9250 – GSM International.
- Your phone should be on unlocked bootloaders and it should be rooted. Also, a custom Recovery is needed. If your device doesn’t meet these requirements, then you cannot begin the installation of XenonHD custom ROM.
- Use CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery to create a full ROM backup of the currently installed Android OS. This will set a restore point for your smartphone.
- You can create backups of SMS, Call Logs and APN Internet Settings or even a List of installed applications using the following tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android application. Grant root access for these applications.
- Sync the Gmail Account with your Contacts and this will save all Contact details and all phone numbers on your Google Account. If you don’t know how to do it, then you can use this guide here.
- Enable USB debugging for your device.
- Charge the phone’s battery so that the galaxy nexus will not power off during the ROM installation.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case you lose any important data. Also, you cannot held us responsible in case the phone doesn’t boot after installing XenonHD ROM.
- Read all the info in this post and don’t skip any instructions I’ve listed.
These were all the guidelines that you had to go over before getting to the tutorial. If you cannot install the new ROM, ask for more help in comments.
How to install the XenonHD Android 4.2.1 JB custom ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250:
- Download the XenonHD custom ROM from HERE or HERE. Save the file on your PC and don’t unzip its contents.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.2.1 / CM10.1 from HERE.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using the USB cable. Move both zip files on the phone’s internal SD card. When the transfer is complete you should disconnect the phone from PC.
- Power off your Galaxy Nexus now.
- Boot into Fastboot mode. Do it by pressing at the same time Volume Up, Volume Down and Power. Release these buttons only when your device shows the selection Fastboot menu. Select ‘Recovery’ option and wait for it to load.
- If you don’t have a ROM Nandroid backup then you can create one using the ‘Backup and Restore’ option from the CWM Recovery menu. If you already have such file, then you can skip this step.
- Next, select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this action.
- Now you can install the ROM by selecting ‘install zip from sdcard’. Find the ‘choose zip from sdcard’, and then you need to browse your device for the XenonHD custom ROM file. Install it.
- Select again ‘choose zip from sdcard’ after the ROM has installed. Now find the Gapps zip and confirm that you want to install it.
- Return to the main recovery menu and then select ‘reboot system now’.
- Wait for the first boot process of XenonHD ROM to complete. Enter your Google Account details when you’re welcomed by the XenonHD home screen.
These were all the steps that you had to take. Now you can begin testing this new custom Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ROM.
If you didn’t manage to install this update at your first attempt, then you will have to power off the device. Remove its battery and then re-insert it after 5 seconds have passed and then repeat the entire tutorial starting with step 5. You should manage to install the ROM eventually.
Test all its functions and features and tell us in comments if you find any errors or major bugs with it. Also, you should use the same comments section for any extra questions.