Use this tutorial if you want to manually flash the brand new Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU0ANE6 firmware for your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi model.
The new update brings fixes and a more stable and improved overall UI. This is the best firmware that your device might ever hope of running. Before starting the updating process you will first have to take a look at the preparation guide.
The guidelines below will teach you how to correctly prepare your tablet so that you’ll manage to complete the updating process in under ten minutes without bricking its firmware. Here’s what you need to know:
- use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi model number SM – T230.
– check your tablet’s model number by going to Settings, then About Device menu.
– if the model number doesn’t match the one I’ve listed above, then you cannot apply the update.
- download and install the Samsung USB Drivers for your computer from here.
– without these drivers installed your PC will not detect the tablet and the update cannot be applied.
– for the updating process you will use ODIN, the download link is in the tutorial.
- disable antivirus apps and the Samsung KIES from running on your PC before starting the update.
– these apps will usually block Odin and you cannot complete the installation process.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
– if Developer Options menu isn’t enabled, then you can use the info here and enable it. That’s a guide for Samsung Galaxy S5 device, but in fact it works with all Samsung devices including tablets.
- if your device is rooted then the root access will be revoked in the process.
- if your tablet features a custom ROM / custom Recovery, then these will be replaced with Stock ROM and Stock Recovery.
- if your device has a custom ROM installed, then you will be forced to apply a Factory Reset after the update is complete as otherwise your device will not boot with the new ROM.
– all the info on how to apply factory reset is listed at the end of our post.
– during the installation of XXU0ANE6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update over a custom ROM you will lose all the data that is stored on the system partition.
– if you want to backup data from apps or SMS then you can use Helium for Android.
– Contacts can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- check the tablet’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that it won’t switch off in the middle of the updating process.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the tablet nor in case you end up losing any data files.
- read the entire post and don’t skip any steps.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to install Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANE6 Update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Wi-Fi:
- Download the T230XXU0ANE6 firmware zip file from here.
– now that in order to download the file you will have to create an account at SamMobile.
- Extract the contents of the zip file and save the T230XXU0ANE6 tar.md5 file on your PC.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
– extract the contents and save them on your PC.
- Power off the tablet completely.
- Next, boot it into Android Download Mode.
– it can be done if you press Volume Down, Home and Power at the same time.
- When your tablet is in Download Mode you should launch the Odin exe on your PC.
- Connect the phone to your computer via USB Cable.
– wait for the tablet to be detected by Odin (it should say ‘added’), and then continue to the next step.
– if the device is not recognized then you will have to re-install the Samsung USB Drivers using the link in the preparation guidelines above.
- Now, click on the ‘AP’ button in ODIN.
- Find the T230XXU0ANE6 tar.md5 file, the one you extracted in step 2. Load it into Odin.
– make sure that the ‘re-partition’ option is not enabled.
– don’t change other default Odin settings.
- Press the START button when you’re ready to begin the updating process and then Odin will take care of the rest.
– note that the update might take up to ten minutes, so you should patiently wait until all files are successfully flashed.
- When the process is complete your Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 will reboot in normal mode.
– you can disconnect it from your PC when the homescreen / lockscreen appears or when Odin shows the green PASS alert.
- Use your Google Account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the update of Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat 4.4.2 XXU0ANE6 firmware. If you encountered any problems, then you should try to take a look at the notes below.
If the update completed without problems, then you should close this guide.
NOTE 1: if ODIN freezes or it displays the FAIL alert for no reason, then you will have to repeat the entire tutorial more than once.
If you do repeat the guide, then it would be best for you to make sure that no steps are skipped in the process and that the tablet’s model number matches the one I’ve listed in the article’s title and preparation guide.
NOTE 2: if ODIN says that the process was complete, but the phone is unable to go past the Samsung boot animation and it freezes for more than 20 minutes at it, or in case it enters into a boot loop, then you will be forced to apply a custom ROM.
This problem is usually experienced when you flash a stock ROM over a custom one. Here’s how to apply Factory Reset for your tablet:
- power off the device completely.
- next, boot it in Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power.
- select the ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option from the Recovery menu.
- confirm process.
- reboot tablet in normal mode and you’re done.
If you need any more help, then you can use the comments field below.