If you want to really improve the performances of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2, then you surely need to learn how to overclock your Android based smartphone. Changing the maximum CPU frequency will increase the speed of your handset and you will be able to enjoy a better Android experience on your own Galaxy S2. So, if I have convinced you, or if you want to check further info related to the overclock process, don’t hesitate and read (and then complete) the following step by step guide as all the needed info are being detailed there.
By overclocking your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 you will be able to interact with your phone’s processor in term of changing or adjusting its frequency. In a few words, after enabling the overclock capability (I will show you how in a minute) you will be able to change the maximum frequency that is supported by the CPU. That’s why, after that, your SGS2 performances will be improved and the speeds increased. Be aware though as if you increase the frequency to high, then you might end up in having battery drain issues, or you can even burn your handset – in order to make things right, first read our detailed guide from here.
Don’t worry though, as overclocking your Android device isn’t risky; you still have to apply the steps from below, or else you will not be able to safely perform the upgrade operation. As you will see, first you will have to flash a custom kernel on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (for enabling overclocking) and then you will have to download a dedicated app from Google Play and use the same for accessing the CPU.
Of course, considering that this is an unofficial operation, there are some pre requisites that has to be performed before heading to the installation procedure from below; and for ensuring that you are applying everything as required I have detailed the preparation tasks during the list from below.
- Root your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 because a custom kernel and the overclock operation can be applied only on unchained devices. Gain root access by following a suitable guide that can be performed for your SGS2 or else you will risk in bricking your smartphone.
- By gaining root access the warranty will get lost; you can restore it when downgrading or updating to an official or stock Android firmware / update. Also, you can regain the warranty by un-rooting the S2 system.
- Install a custom recovery image, like CWM recovery on your Galaxy S2. The stock recovery must be replaced with a custom one, or else you will not be able to flash the custom kernel.
- Save your phone’s data and your personal info from the internal storage memory. Use dedicated backup and restore tools from Google Play and save everything you need.
- Also, use the custom recovery image and save the current ROM – make a Nandroid backup.
- If you handset is running on a custom ROM, overclocking might be already enabled, case in which you can skip the “installing a custom kernel” section.
- A computer is required, where you need to deactivate the security protection.
- On your phone you have to enable the USB debugging option and you need to charge the battery of the same.
- Also, complete this step by step guide only if you want to overclock the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 as this process will work only on the mentioned Android powered smartphone.
How to install a custom kernel on T-Mobile Galaxy S4
- Go to the page from here and download the custom kernel file.
- Save the same on your PC and then connect your handset with the computer.
- Pick the kernel file and copy-paste it from your computer to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug the USB cable and turn off your device.
- Reboot it in recovery mode – press Power, Volume Up and home buttons.
- From recovery before installing the kernel select: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Return to the main menu: select “+++go back+++”.
- And from there select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select the kernel file and flash the same.
- Choose “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- Proceed to the next section of this tutorial.
How to Overclock T-Mobile Galaxy S2
- You need to go to Google Play Store and download one of the following apps: Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro, or SetCPU.
- Install the tool on your smartphone.
- Launch the application.
- Increase the CPU speed.
- Don’t check the save on boot section.
- Set the new frequency and close the app.
- That’s it.
Congratulations, now you know how to safely and easily overclock your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2. If you had problems (you can try to resolve the issues by following this tutorial) with our method, or if you have something to share with us or with others who might want to complete our step by step guide, contact us by using the comments area from below.