If you are ready to tweak your smartphone or if you want to learn how to complete certain manual operations on your new Nokia 3, first you should start by checking out the lines from below. There you will be able to learn everything about fastboot, a mode that will be required during most of the manual operations that you will want to initiate on and for your handset. So, read everything that’s mentioned in this guide in order to better understand the fastboot mode.
Fastboot mode is a dedicated environment that runs independently from the Android mode and which can be rebooted on your Nokia 3 if a special reboot sequence is followed – it cannot be accessed through built-in settings because an inexperienced user can mess things up withing the Android core system if he is not careful enough.
Now, this dedicated environment, which is quite similar from different perspectives with the recovery mode, is the core center from where you can access the internal system that powers your smartphone. In most situations the programs that are running on your computer, and through which you will have to apply different manual operations, can recognize your Nokia 3 only if the fastboot mode is entered on your phone.
So, right from the start, the fastboot mode will be required if you will want to manually update your Nokia 3. Aditionaly, the same environment will have to be used if you will want to install a custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP recovery, or if you will want to unlock the bootloader. Moreover, similar other operations might imply the same thing – I am talking about procedures such as gaining root access, flashing custom ROMs, installing custom MODs and kernels and so on.
Be careful as if manually updating your Nokia 3 with the stock Android OS is an official process, most of the other operations aren’t official swhich means that you can easily end up in losing your phone’s warranty. Therefore, be careful before rebooting fastboot mode in order to tweak something on your device.
Also, be precautious and backup your Nokia 3 before initiating any manual operation – certain procedures can wipe your files or your data might just get corrupted. Thus, for making sure that everything will remain safe and secured all the time I now recommend you to backup your phone – sync your files with your Google account, smartly manage cloud services that are already running on your device or try different apps from Google Play in the same respect. The backup should secure your images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, saved passwords, your contacts, call logs and text messages along with the EFS folder or the IMEI / NVRAM data.
It’s important to keep your phone charged before initiating any new operation. If your Nokia 3 runs out of juice while you try to reboot its system into fastbbot mode, a sudden shut down might occur. And if your device will get turned off right in the middle of a certain process, different soft related problems might be issued so you can end up in bricking your handset. Therefore, be careful and try to avoid such unpleasant situations. In that respect I now recommend you to plug in the charger if the power left is currently lower than 50%.
How to easily reboot fastboot mode on the Nokia 3
- For this method to work you first have to switch off your smartphone. So, press and hold the power key for a few moments or just press the power button once and then select ‘power off’.
- Wait a few seconds while the switch off operation is completed.
- Next, press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys.
- When you notice the Android logo displayed release only the power button – keep holding the Volume down button untl the Boot Mode is brought up.
- There you have it; the fastboot mode is entered on your Nokia 3.
Another way in which the fastboot mode can be accessed is by executing an adb command. But, for being able to do so a few pre-requisites must be applied first; here is what you need to follow:
- A computer is required because this is going to be a manual process.
- On the computer you will use make sure that the Nokia 3 Drivers are already installed.
- Of course, your smartphone and its USB cable should be there too – you will have to connect your phone with your computer at some point.
- On your computer install Android SDK (otherwise you cannot perform this reboot sequence); so, learn how to install Android SDK on Windows or how to set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- Finally, on your phone check the USB Debugging option from “Menu – > Settings – > Developer Options”.
- If Developer Options can’t be accessed first navigate to About Phone and start tapping repeatedly on Built Number until the ‘you are a developer’ message is displayed on your Nokia 3.
Perfect; now, resume the next steps from below for reaching fastboot mode:
- Switch on your phone; yes, it must be powered on.
- Connect your device with your computer with the help of the USB cable.
- On your computer go to the Android SDK folder.
- From there you must open a cmd window.
- You can do so by following: press and hold the Shift keyboard key and while doing so right ckick on any blank space; from the list that will be displayed choose ‘open command prompt window here’.
- Good; now in the cmd window type: adb reboot bootloader.
- That should be all.The fastboot mode should be automatically displayed on your Nokia 3.
The easiest way in which you can put your Nokia 3 into fastboot mode is by using a third party app from Google Play. However, root access might be required for some apps. Therefore, if you already rooted your device you can try a dedicated app such as the Quick Boot platform. Just download and install the software on your phone and when done run it; follow on screen prompts and choose in which mode you want to reboot your Android based device.
Good; those are the best three methods that can be used for brining fastboot mode on the Nokia 3. Try all the steps from above and use the method that you prefer the most; or just bookmark this page as who knows when you will need to use it. Also, share your experience with us and with other users who are interested in trying the methods from above – you can talk with us by using the commens field from below; if there are problems we will try to assist you as soon as possible.