How to Restore Stock Kernel and Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013
If you want to restore your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 to the stock Android experience, then you should start by completing this step by step guide. I will try to teach you how to easily install the stock kernel and recovery image on your tablet by using Odin, which is a complex tool used especially for these types of operations. Now, for being able to safely succeed with this tutorial I recommend you to read and apply all the lines from below; don’t head straight to the installation procedure as you can end up in bricking your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
But first of all, you might ask yourselves why to revert the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 to stock recovery and kernel? Well, you might want to perform this task especially if you have updated your tablet with custom ROMs firmware, or if you have installed custom kernels into its system. All these customization operations are good for your device, but if you somehow notice that the speeds are not increasing and the battery life is worse than it used to be, then the best thing to do is to get the stock Android experience back.
For example, a custom kernel is used for increasing the speeds and combined with a custom ROM it will provide an improved OS that can offer more capabilities than the stock one. But, if you mess things up you can brick this kernel and what is left for you is the revert solution. Now, as you will see below, I will show you how to install the stock recovery and kernel for the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 for builds UEALGB and UEALH2, so you have nothing to worry about. As mentioned, for completing this guide we will be using Odin, which is an application provided and developed by Samsung.
Of course and as usual, in order to safely perform the tutorial you will first have to prepare the Galaxy Note 10.1 for the installation procedure. You can do this by applying the pre requisites which are being presented and explained during the following list. Don’t skip this section because it is the most important one.
- First, this is not a custom ROM, or an official one. We are not talking about an update or downgrade operation. This step by step guide will show you how to restore the stock kernel and recovery image for your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013.
- You don’t have to root the Note 10.1 for being able to apply the next steps; this means that the warranty will not be void and the flash counter will not be increased.
- So, in order to conclude, by performing this method you will replace the current Note 10.1 kernel and recovery with the stock ones.
- Now, I recommend you to backup the data before going any further. It is unlikely to lose your personal info, but you can never be to sure. That’s why you might want to save at least the contacts, text messages, internet settings, EFS and market apps.
- A windows running computer is being required; internet connection should be enabled.
- Also, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and its USB cord should be near you.
- On the tablet enable the USB debugging option.
- On both computer and handset all the antivirus and protection tools must be uninstalled as these programs might interfere with the installation procedure.
- If your device has less than 60% battery power left you should charge the same; else the Note 10.1 might get turned off in the middle of the operation and you will risk in bricking your Android based device.
- Install KIES on the computer and install the proper drivers for your tablet.
- Remember that you can restore the stock recovery and kernel for the Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 for builds UEALGB and UEALH2; don’t try to apply this step by step guide for a similar handset because you can end up in bricking the same.
How to Restore Stock Kernel and Recovery on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013
- Download the stock kernel (download link here) and recovery (download link here) for UEALGB.
- Similar, download the stock kernel (download link here) and recovery (download link here) for UEALH2.
- Save the files on your computer.
- On the same computer download Odin.
- You need to install Odin and run the same.
- Turn off the tablet and then reboot in download mode.
- You can do this by pressing and holding the Power button and Volume Down key until a “Warning” message appears on the screen. Then press volume up button and download mode will be displayed.
- Now, connect the device with the computer by using the USB cord.
- On Odin the “added” message will be displayed and the ID:COM section should turn yellow.
- If not, you should re-install the drivers on your computer and repeat the above explained steps.
- Up next, from Odin select “PDA” and pick the stock kernel and recovery .tar files.
- Do not make any other changes on Odin.
- Click on “start”.
- In the end the handset will reboot automatically and on Odin the “pass” message should be displayed.
- You can now unplug the USB cable as you are done.
- If the first boot will take longer than usual, don’t worry there is nothing wrong with your tablet.
So, there you have it. That was the easiest way that can be applied by those who want to restore the stock kernel and recovery image on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013. If there were issues while trying to complete the steps, or if you have questions, share the same with us by using the comments area from below. This method and the proper files have been provided by those of xda-developers, so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide.