If you have installed a custom ROM firmware on your Verizon HTC Droid DNA smartphone and you’re not satisfied by its features or looks, then you can now learn how to easily restore your device to the stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. The downgrade operation will be explained during the present step by step guide along with other important info, so before starting the proper guide make sure that you are reading all the lines from below. This is being considered a risky and complex method, therefore be careful in what you do and try not to mess thing up.
You should learn how to downgrade the HTC Droid DNA, or restore it to the stock Jelly Bean OS if you want to bring your phone to the initial state, in the way that it was delivered by Verizon. So, after completing this tutorial your smartphone will be in just the way it was on Day 1. This means that all the security restrictions and factory settings will be re-installed on your device therefore the root access will be revoked (this in case you have previously rooted your HTC Droid DNA).
As you know the root operation brings many advantages for your smartphone, but sometimes a downgrade method might also be applied. First of all, after rooting, most of the users are usually updating their handsets with Android based custom ROMs firmware. Unfortunately not all the software are being stable ones, so you can end up in noticing that your phone can’t be used properly. The same can be applied for the Verizon HTC Droid DNA as we all know that it is a high end smartphone with powerful specs, so it’s really hard not to try to take full advantage of the same. Anyway, now you can easily restore the Droid DNA to the stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM, all being explained in this tutorial.
Beside the fact that by downgrading the DNA to stock and official software, the root access will be revoked, also the bootloader will be relocked. Actually you will have to relock the bootloader before you perform the “return to stock” operation. Don’t worry because I have showed you how to relock the HTC Droid DNA bootloader during the steps from below. Anyway, these aspects can mean only one thing: the warranty of your device will be restored as the Verizon factory settings will be re-installed. Now, let’s take a look over the pre requisites, which are essential tasks that must be applied in order to safely proceed to the final section of this step by step guide.
- First of all, you should backup the HTC Droid DNA data, messages, call logs, internet settings and everything else you need to. By downgrading to stock ROM your personal info might get wiped out, so first ensure that your data is in safe hands.
- You will have to use a Windows powered computer and have access to your phone and to its USB cord.
- The USB debugging option must be enabled on your device.
- Also, you should check the battery status: in case you notice that there is less than 50% power left, you should charge the battery before starting the next steps.
- On the computer and on your handset there shouldn’t be any security tools installed, so go and deactivate the antivirus and Firewall protection first.
- You must apply this tutorial only if you own the Verizon HTC Droid DNA as this stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS is suitable only for the mentioned device. Furthermore, the firmware package was developed and is offered by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this opportunity.
How to Restore HTC Droid DNA to Stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- On your computer get the restore to stock RUU package from our source page by checking the link from here.
- Also download Fastboot from here.
- Extract the Fastboot file (preferable to drive C) first as you will have to relock the bootloader before downgrading to the stock ROM.
- A folder named “Fastboot” should be displayed on your computer.
- Turn off the phone and reboot it by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- The DNA should boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect the smartphone with the computer by using its USB cord.
- The proper drivers will now be installed.
- On your computer go to “Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories”; then right click on the command prompt option and select “run as administrator”.
- On the cmd window that will open enter the commands: “cd C:\Fastboot” and “fastboot oem lock”.
- Now the bootloader will be relocked.
- When done, remove the USB cord, reboot in bootloader mode (as showed above) and connect the HTC Droid DNA with the PC again.
- From your computer now launch the RUU executable file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and wait for the phone to be installed with the official stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM.
Congratulations, now your Verizon HTC Droid DNA is running the stock Jelly Bean software. Now you can re-root the same and then re-try to install custom ROMs on your phone. If there were problems on your way (while trying to apply the above presented steps) share the issues with us so that we can help you through. Also, stay close as here you can read the latest Android related news and test different tutorials and tips for you Android based devices.