Root Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXCME2 firmware for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
This tutorial will teach you how to root the Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch tablet using Chainfire’s CF Auto-Root exploit files. Read this entire post and you should be able to complete the root in under 10 minutes.
The firmware supported with this tutorial is the Android 4.1.2 XXCME2 Jelly Bean build and in order to successfully root it, you will need to read the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with the model number P3100.
- don’t try to root any other Samsung tablets or smartphones with this tutorial.
- make sure that you have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- by rooting your tablet you will lose the warranty, but you can restore it by reinstalling / updating your device to an official Android OS firmware upgrade.
- backup all the data that’s currently stored on your PC.
- disable any Samsung KIES software programs that are running on your PC along with any other antivirus or security programs that are currently enabled. Such apps will interfere with the rooting program and you might not be able to complete the tutorial.
- this is a guide for advanced users.
- do not blame us in case you lose any important data in the process, also we cannot be held responsible in case you lose any important files in the process.
- don’t skip any steps.
- read the entire post and if you cannot complete the root, then you should ask for extra help by leaving a detailed comment at the end of this guide.
Now that you know all of the above, get to the next part of this post.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on Android 4.1.2 XXCME2 Jelly Bean:
- Download the CF-Auto-Root zip for this tablet from HERE. Extract its contents and save the files on your computer.
> after you extract the files from CF Auto Root, you will get a file named ‘CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5‘. Don’t unzip any further than that.
- Download ODIN3 v3.07 from HERE. Unzip the file.
- Power off your tablet.
- Next, boot the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 into Download Mode.
- Launch the Odin exe on your PC.
- Connect the tablet to your computer using the USB Data cable.
> wait for ODIN to say that the device has been ‘added’ and then continue to the next step.
> if the tablet is not recognized by your PC/ ODIN, then you can try to switch between USB ports or reinstall the Samsung USB drivers -download link listed in the guidelines above.
- Click the PDA button in ODIN.
- Browse your PC for the CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5 file and load it into ODIN.
> don’t mess around with any other Odin settings.
> make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled.
- Hit the START button when everything is set for the updating process to begin.
- When the installation of all root files is complete, ODIN will display the ‘PASS’ alert and your tablet will reboot.
If you have any problems with ODIN, then you can choose to unplug your tablet from PC, close ODIN and then repeat the entire tutorial once again. Also, before re-trying to root the tablet you should power it off completely by removing its battery and after 5 seconds are passed you can retry to root the tablet. Make sure not to skip any steps listed above.