Root Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Samsung rolled out the official Android 4.1.2 XXELKC update for your S3 and now you can learn how to successfully root this firmware. This is a tutorial that will work only with this particular firmware of Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300.
This is a firmware version that works with the international S3 and if you wish to successfully apply it on your device, then you should also read the preparation guidelines below. Rooting your device is easy and you will use Chainfire’s CF Auto Root utility for this. Chainfire is one of the most popular hackers at XDA and it was only a matter of time until he would’ve tweaked his rooting application to work with this latest Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Stock firwmare release.
Now, read the guidelines below and when you’re done with them and you’ve met all the requirements, then you can move to the tutorial. Until then, read the instructions below:
- This is a tutorial that works only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300 on Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Jelly Bean Firmware. Do not use the guide for any other smartphone or tablet device, as you will brick them. This guide won’t work for the
- Make sure that your PC has the Samsung USB drivers installed on it. If yours doesn’t then you should use this link here to download them. Alternatively, you can use the Samsung KIES software to install them, but make sure that this application is not running
- Enable USB debugging option from the phone’s Developer Options menu. This will make your phone visible to your PC.
- Your device should be factory unlocked and it has to run the Android 4.1.2 XXELK Jelly Bean firmware.
- Make sure that all antivirus applications are disabled on your PC, so that no other program will interfere with the root process.
- Charge the phone’s battery so that it won’t power off while you’re applying changes to your SGS3 firmware.
- You can choose to create backups of all the files currently stored on your device. This should be done as a caution, in case something goes wrong during the root process.
- Note that we cannot be blamed in case something goes wrong and you cannot boot your device after applying the root process.
- Don’t skip any steps that I have listed in the tutorial. If you’re having problems completing the root, then you should ask for more help in comments.
Now that you know all of the above, move to the next part of this post.
How to root Android 4.1.2 XXELKC Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Download the CF-Auto-Root zip from HERE. Extract the contents of the zip to a single folder that should be placed on your desktop screen.
- Download Odin 3.07 from HERE. Extract the Odin zip contents to the same folder created at step 1.
- Power off your smartphone now and then boot it into Download Mode. This can be done by pressing ‘volume down’, ‘home’ and ‘power’ buttons simultaneously. Confirm that you want to boot the Download Mode.
- Go to the Odin folder and launch the executable. Odin will now boot and you then have to connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer.
- Odin will say ‘added!!’ and you can click on the PDA button. Find the ‘CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5′ file and load it into Odin.
- Don’t change any default settings of Odin and when you’re ready you should click the Start button.
- Wait until the root is complete and that will happen when your SGS3 will reboot.
- Odin will say ‘PASS’ and when the phone shows the boot animation logo you can unplug it from PC.
- These are all the steps that you had to take and now you should use the Root Checker app from Google Play Store. Use this app to confirm that the root files have been pushed to your phone.
In case you cannot complete this guide, then you should ask for more help in comments.