Having and dealing with an Android based device can turn out to be quite complicated as there are a lot of things and operations to perform in order to take full advantage of its performances and capabilities. The same can be applied when talking about rooting procedures, these operations being extremely annoying especially when there isn’t a dedicated tutorial available for your handset. If so, or if you want to try a “one-click” root method that can be completed on almost all the Android powered devices available on the market, you should try the present step by step guide, which will teach you how to easily gain root access for your Android phone / tablet.
This tutorial will offer a one click root solution as the Unlock-Root tool has been developed and offered in order to help the entry level Android users who are not used with complex and risky operations. Therefore, by completing this guide you will be able to easily root your Android based phone / tablet, all the info needed being detailed and explained during the steps from below. Anyway, for avoiding the unpleasant situations that might occur, I do recommend you to read all the lines from this tutorial; don’t perform things by yourselves as you can end up in bricking your handset or in losing your personal info (from your device).
Take note that this is a general root solution and it might not work for your Android based device. Not all the handsets available out there can be rooted by using the Unlock-Root tool, so if in the end you notice that your phone is still unrooted, then you will have to find a dedicated procedure that can be applied for your Android smartphone or tablet (check through our “root” section and see if there is a step by step guide available for your device). Also, if you have a Samsung branded device, you can check this one-click root solution.
The root procedure must be applied by those who want to obtain more from their handsets. Therefore, you must complete this tutorial if you want to remove the factory restrictions and default setting from your phone. As you will see, by rooting the OS you will actually gain access to the internal system of your device meaning that you will be able to make changes, customize and optimize the same for improving the performances and capabilities. Furthermore, there are many apps that requires root access in order to work properly (like a custom recovery image – CWM recovery), or a custom ROM firmware can be installed only on devices that has a rooted system.
Now, before starting the rooting operation you need to first prepare your device. Also, there are other things that must be noticed, so for ensuring that completing this tutorial is what you really need, check the list from below.
- First of all, by rooting your Android based device you will lose its warranty. This is an unofficial operation, so unfortunately this aspect can’t be avoided.
- Don’t worry as if in the future, you will need the warranty back, you will be able to restore the same. All you need to do is to downgrade to stock ROM, or update to an official firmware; also you can restore the warranty if you reset the flash counter or if you apply a un-root procedure.
- It is more than recommended to backup the data which is being saved on the internal storage memory of your device before starting the root operation. Make sure you are saving all of your personal info from your phone, as all the system might get wiped out
- Enable the USB debugging option on your handset. You can do this by going to “Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Also, take a look over the battery status; if there is less than 60% power left you should charge the battery, else skip this step.
- You will have to use a Windows running computer and the phone’s USB cable.
- On the computer and handset there shouldn’t be any security settings or programs (like antivirus or Firewall protection) installed; if different uninstall or deactivate the same before going any further.
- Apply this guide only if you have an Android based device as the one-click root solution will work only for the same.
How to Easily Root almost any Android based device (Unlock-Root method)
- Download the unlock-root tool by using the link from here; take note that there is available a free-version and a paid variant of the program, so get the one that you prefer the most (I recommend you to get the free one because you don’t know if the tool will work for your handset or not).
- Save the file on your computer and then install the same.
- Also, run the executable file.
- Download and install the drivers for your handset on the computer.
- Connect the device with the computer by using its USB cable.
- Up next, from the Unlock-Root tool click on the “root” button.
- A list of devices will be displayed.
- Select your phone / tablet from that list and start the rooting process.
- In the end, a confirmation message will be displayed on your computer.
- Unplug the USB cable and reboot your device.
Congratulations, that was all for now. Your Android based device should be rooted now, so you can look forward in installing a custom recovery image and update to a custom ROM firmware. Do share your experience with us and if the method isn’t working for your handset, use the comments area from below and share the same with us and with other users who might want to use this guide.