Root Asus Transformer TF300T Android Tablet
Asus Transformer TF300T can now be rooted, as Xplodwild from XDA managed to create a working CWM recovery software. This tutorial guide will help you root your device fast and easy. Make sure to read all the instructions listed in this post and if you cannot complete any steps then you should ask for help in comments.
The Transformer TF300T has been launched from some time now and now you can easily root it with the CWM Recovery tool. Root access will allow you to gain access to your tablet’s sub system and install new custom ROM firmware. You should be an advanced user that knows how to use recovery mode. Also, note that you will be the only responsible in case something goes wrong and you brick your tablet. Here’s what you need to know and what you need to do before moving to the tutorial guide:
- the tutorial will work only on Asus Transformer TF300T. Do not attempt to root any other device using the tools provided in this post
- CWM recovery should be installed. If it isn’t then you should use this guide HERE.
- it is recommended that you create backups of your important files. This will prove to be useful in case files will be corrupted during the root process.
- make sure to charge your device is charged and this will prevent the device from powering off while rooting is under way.
- disable all the antivirus applications from your PC and these won’t interfere with our rooting process.
These is all the extra info you needed to learn before moving to the how-to guide. Make sure that you don’t skip any of the steps listed in the tutorial because that will force you to repeat the entire rooting process from scratch. In case you can’t understand all the things listed in the tutorial then you should use the comments section and ask for help.
After you’ve completed the rooting process you are free to install any custom ROM you wish. Shortly, we should host several guides that will teach you how to install CM9 / AOKP / AOSP ROM firmwares. That’s all you had to know and now you’re ready to move to the tutorial guide.
How to root Asus Transformer TF300T Android tablet:
- Download the Root zip file from here. Save the file on your PC.
- Now you need to connect the TF300T tablet to your computer and then move the root zip package on your device’s internal sd card.
- Power off the tablet.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery. Do it by pressing and holding ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons. Keep them pressed until an alert message appear on your device’s display.
- The message should say ‘press volume up to enter RCK (5s)’. Now, in less than 5 sec you need to press the volume up button.
- CWM Recovery will load and you will first need to select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then select ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Find the root zip file you moved at step 2 and confirm its installation.
- When the install is finished you will have to select ‘++Go back++’ and then ‘reboot system now’.
- Your tablet will restart and you need to wait for the home screen to load. After this your Asus Transformer TF300T will be rooted.
That’s it, now your device has been successfully rooted. If something went wrong and you didn’t manage to gain root access to Asus Transformer TF300T then please tell us in comments and we will try to help you fix this.
Note that in case you wish to restore your device back to its Asus stock firmware then you will have to leave CWM Recovery installed. With CWM you will be able to flash the stock firmware and your device will have its warranty restored.