Root Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx on Official Jelly Bean 4.1 OS
If you have recently updated your Motorola Droid RAZR, or RAZR Maxx with the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software you should know that all the factory restrictions are being installed on your phone’s internal system. This means that if you somehow want to power up the performances of your device by installing custom apps, or by flashing custom ROMs, you first have to remove these restrictions and unchain the internal system. That’s why, I will explain you how to easily root the Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx that runs on the official Jelly Bean 4.1 OS.
As you can already tell, the root operation must be applied by those who want to customize and optimize their handsets for receiving improved speeds, a better Android experience, extra features and capabilities, upgraded battery life and more. Basically when a device is running a stock ROM, like the official Android 4.1 one, its operating system comes with the carrier settings and you can’t make any changes on your phone because of the same. But if you do choose to root your Razr and Razr Maxx, all these factory restrictions will be removed.
Of course making changes in the internal system can mean only one thing: the warranty will get void. So, by completing this step by step guide you agree with the fact that the Motorola warranty for your Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx will be void. This is the only negative aspect related to the root operation, so if you are not sure about this maybe it will be a good idea to stop going any further. Don’t worry though as if you read all the lines from this tutorial nothing bad will happen; just don’t perform something by yourselves as then you will risk in bricking your Android based smartphone.
Anyway, for being able to safely root your Razr and Razr Maxx on official Jelly Bean 4.1, you first have to make some preparations. So, you have to apply the pre requisites that are being explained during the following list. Remember that it is very important to read and complete all the lines from this step by step guide so don’t head straight to the rooting procedure.
- In order to avoid the unpleasant situations, you might want to backup the Motorola Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR Maxx data. In this way you can be sure that all of your personal info will be in safe hands while the rooting process takes place.
- You can use our backup and restore guides for saving almost everything from your phone, so don’t hesitate and use our how to section for finding suitable tutorials.
- A Windows powered computer will be required.
- On the same and on your smartphone there shouldn’t be installed any security tools or programs.
- Also, on the computer you must first install the proper drivers for the Razr and Razr Maxx; you can get the drivers by using the link from here.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device.
- Check the battery status and if you notice that the power left is less than 50% go and charge the battery before starting the root procedure.
- If you will need to restore the warranty all you have to do is to re-install the stock Android 4.1 ROM, or to update with a future official software released by Motorola and suitable with your Droid Razr / Razr Maxx.
- Complete this tutorial only for the mentioned handsets as the steps will work only for the same; else you will risk in bricking your smartphones.
How to Root Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx on Official Jelly Bean 4.1 OS
- First, use the above link if you haven’t and download the drivers on your computer.
- Then, use the link from here and download the root package on the same computer.
- Up next, extract the “razr_blade.zip” file.
- Go to Google Play store and install the SmartActions app.
- Connect the smartphone with the computer by using the USB cable.
- Go to the razr_blade folder and from there double click on the “run” executable file.
- Press any key to start the root operation.
- Follow the prompts for ending the process.
- In the end the handset will be automatically rebooted.
- You can now unplug the USB cable.
- Download the Superuser app from Google Play and check if your device was successfully rooted or not.
Well, that was all. As you can see there are only few steps to complete, so the rooting procedure is quite easy and fast. Anyway, after applying all the steps your Motorola Droid RAZR or RAZR Maxx that runs the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS should be rooted. Now you can install custom apps, like CWM recovery, on your phone or why not flash a custom ROM firmware into its system. Don’t forget to use the comments area for sharing your experience and thoughts with us and with other users too.