Root Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 on Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMC8 OS
If you want to root your Galaxy Ace 2 but you don’t know which method to use, then I will try to help you out. First of all, the present step by step guide is suitable only with the Ace 2 that runs on official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMC8 OS, so you are not dealing with a general root procedure that might, or probably not, work. Then, for rooting your smartphone Odin will be used which means that you will be able to easily complete the steps from below, as Odin is offering an intuitive root solution. Further aspects and details are being offered below, so don’t hesitate and check the same.
A root operation is usually complex and risky, not because of the procedure itself, as more because the warranty will get void. You see, by gaining root access you are actually making changes into the internal system of your phone, by removing the default and factory restrictions. This is why, after gaining root access you will also lose the warranty of your Galaxy Ace 2. But if you are always following a dedicated tutorial, like this one, then everything should be fine. Also, the best is that you can anytime restore the lost warranty by downgrading / updating to stock / official Android firmware.
Now, as you can already tell, after rooting your Galaxy Ace 2 XXMC8 system, you will be able to take your phone to another level (performance related one) as you will be able to: access the internal system and OS, remove inbuilt programs, install new tools, flash custom apps, update with custom ROMs, improve the performances and optimize and customize the looks. As you can see you have all the reasons for rooting your Ace 2 on stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software.
But since this is still a complex operation that will use Odin and other files, you have to first prepare your Galaxy Ace 2 for the root procedure that will follow. I am talking about the pre requisites which I have listed below. Do not skip the lines from below, read everything, or else you can end up in damaging or even bricking your device. It is important to make things right for ensuring that you will be rooting your handset fast and without dealing any other problems.
- Do begin the preparation tasks with a backup operation. It is unlikely to lose your personal info by following this root method, but when it comes to your contacts, text messages, call logs, market apps, EFS folder, or contacts list you can never be too sure.
- Then, remember that if you start to apply the next steps, the warranty of your device will be void. So, if you are not feeling comfortable about this aspect, maybe it will be better to stop going any further.
- In order to succeed, a Windows running computer will be required; also your Ace 2 and its USB cable will have to be used.
- Next, on the computer and on the handset there should be any antivirus or security tools installed or running; if different it is recommended to deactivate or uninstall the same.
- If your phone has less than 60% power left, it will be a good idea to charge its battery; else it might get turned off meaning that you will risk in bricking your Ace.
- Also, don’t forget to enable the USB debugging option on your phone; you can do it by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
After completing the up mentioned tasks you can safely head to the steps from below. Anyway, be aware as this tutorial is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 model number I8160. Also, apply this root operation only if your phone is running on the official / stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMC8.
How to Root Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 on Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMC8 OS
- As mentioned, Odin must be used, so download the tool and install the same on your computer.
- Then, in order to properly use Odin, the Galaxy Ace 2 drivers must be installed on your computer. So, if not, download and install Samsung KIES.
- Don’t forget the rooting package which can be downloaded from here.
- Extract the root file on your PC (remember where).
- Open Odin on your PC.
- Up next, boot your smartphone into download mode.
- The download mode can be entered by pressing on the Power, Volume Down and Center buttons together for a few seconds.
- As soon as your phone is in download mode, you can connect it with the computer.
- Then, you must check Odin in order to see if: the ID:COM section is yellow or blue and the “added” message is there.
- If not you will have to reinstall the drivers on the computer (after closing Odin and disconnecting the Ace from the PC), repeat the steps from above and then resume the rest of the tutorial.
- From Odin click on PDA and pick the root file from your PC.
- Don’t make any other changes just click on “start”.
- The “pass” message will be displayed when the rooting operation is over.
- You can remove the USB cable and reboot your phone.
If Odin gets stuck:
- Close Odin.
- Unplug the USB cable.
- Force restart your Ace 2.
- Reinstall the drivers on your computer
- Repeat the steps from the rooting tutorial.
If your handset gets stuck in a boot loop:
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- For that press the Power, volume Up and Center buttons at the same time.
- Select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, you have managed to root your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 on official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMC8 software. Use the comments area if you want to talk with us, or if you have something to share with other users who might want to use this step by step guide.