In case you are looking forward in unchaining the system of your Samsung Galaxy Grand, then you can safely use this step by step guide as during the following lines we will be checking on how to root the Galaxy Grand by using CWM recovery. Take note that this method can be applied only if your phone has been installed with a custom recovery image (you can learn how to flash CWM recovery on your Grand by using our suitable tutorial), so otherwise don’t root your handset by using the present guide.
It is important to have a rooted Galaxy Grand if you want to take your phone to a higher level of performance. Also, if you are an entry level user, maybe it will be better not to perform this operation as the same is being considered risky and if you aren’t used with these types of procedures, you can end up in bricking your Android based device. By gaining root access your will free and unlock your Galaxy Grand from the factory restrictions, meaning that you will be able to access the internal system and the OS. That’s why, after rooting, you will be able to improve the performances of your phone, customize the looks and so on.
Now, the most important aspect related to the root operation is about the warranty of your Samsung Galaxy Grand. This operation is an unofficial one, so by completing a root procedure the warranty of your smartphone will be voided. Unfortunately this aspect can’t be avoided. Anyway, losing the warranty is only temporarily, as you can anytime restore the same by downgrading / updating to stock / official Android OS (use the guide from here, or from here), or by applying an un-root process.
This is not the only root operation suitable with your Galaxy Grand (remember that you can use this tutorial only if your phone has been installed with CWM recovery); by checking out our how to section you can choose a similar guide like: “One-Click Root Solution for Galaxy S3, S2, Note 2 and More Available” or “How to Easily Root almost any Android based device”.
In order to succeed with our work, you first need to prepare your smartphone for the root operation that will shortly follow. Because of that you have to read and complete the pre requisites from below before going any further.
- First, backup the Galaxy Grand data because you might lose all of your personal data while trying to root the system of your phone.
- You can use the CWM recovery image for performing a Nandroid backup; also you can use backup and restore apps from Google Play for saving the text messages, call logs, EFS, market apps, contacts list and everything else.
- Remember that the warranty will get void if you choose to complete the steps from below.
- Also, you need to flash a custom recovery image on your Grand, or else this method will not work for your handset.
- A Windows running computer or notebook will be required, and you need to use your phone and its USB cable.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Grand or else you can’t properly connect it with the computer.
- Charge the phone’s battery in case you notice that there is less than 60% power left; if your phone gets turned off while you are trying to root it, you will risk in damaging its system.
- Uninstall the antivirus, Firewall and all the other security programs that are running on both computer and smartphone; usually these tools are interfering with our work.
- This guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand model number GT-I9082. Also, CWM recovery must be installed on your device or else you won’t be able to complete the next steps.
- The root package is being offered by those of xda-developers, so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide.
How to Root Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 using CWM Recovery
- On your computer download the Fix-Recovery.zip file by using the link from here and the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.10.zip file by using the link from here.
- Connect the Galaxy Grand with the computer by using its USB cable.
- Then, from your computer select the downloaded files; copy paste them, or drag and drop the same, to the phone’s SD card (make sure you are copying both files).
- You can disconnect the smartphone from the computer by unplugging the USB cord.
- Turn off your device.
- Reboot into recovery mode: press and hold the Power, Volume UP and Home buttons at the same time.
- Now, from the recovery menu select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the “Fix-Recovery.zip” file and flash the same.
- Then, from recovery re-select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card” and this time pick the “UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.10.zip” file and flash the same.
- From recovery now select “+++go back+++” in order to return to the main menu.
- End the root process by selecting “reboot system now”.
Congratulations, you have managed to complete the tutorial, meaning that you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy Grand. Since CWM recovery is already installed, now you can look forward in updating your smartphone with a custom ROM firmware, or with a beta software. Stay close as we will bring suitable update guides for your Galaxy Grand soon. That was all for today, but if you have questions or if you want to share something related to the above explained tutorial, use the comments area from below and talk with us.