How to Easily Root Galaxy Mega 6.3
The Galaxy Mega 6.3 is a budget friendly version of the Galaxy Note 2 phablet, so there are many users who have bought this new Jelly Bean based device. Anyway, since the phablet comes with an affordable price tag, its specs, features and basically performances are not that high end, which means that you will have to power up the same by yourselves and by completing complex operations. Well, in order to do so and to start the upgrading procedure, you will have to learn how to root your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 device.
This tutorial will easily take you through the rooting process; the best is that this guide is suitable with the Mega 6.3 on any firmware, so you don’t have to worry about the version number of the Android OS that’s running on your smartphone. Furthermore, Odin will be used which means that the operation can be completed in just a few minutes without worrying about things that aren’t working properly as Odin is developed by Samsung and used especially on updates and rooting operations. So, your Galaxy Mega 6.3 can be easily rooted and this by using a safe method that is suitable for any version of the Android Jelly Bean software.
Anyway, here is why you need to root your smartphone in the first place: by gaining root access you are also gaining access to the internal system of your device which means that you can remove, add in-built programs, optimize and customize the OS and so on; also by rooting the system you will remove the factory and default restrictions from your phone; on a rooted OS you will be able to install complex apps that requires root access in order to work properly; you can flash a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP recovery; you can update your phablet with a custom ROM firmware for improving the performances and for customizing the looks.
As you can see there are a lot of reasons why you should apply this tutorial for your Galaxy Mega smartphone, but there are also negative aspects that comes along with the root procedure: on a rooted system you cannot apply and receive OTA updates so the further official Android ROMs can be applied only by using manual installation procedures; by unchaining the system the warranty of your phablet will get void – you can restore the same by downgrading to stock Android Jelly Bean software, by updating with an official ROM or by un-rooting the system.
Well, there are both negative and positive aspects related to the present operation; completing this step by step guide should be an option only if you need a rooted Galaxy Mega 6.3, else I don’t recommend you to unlock your handset. Also, apply the next lines and don’t skip any section of this tutorial, or else you can end up in bricking your phone. Furthermore, before starting the root operation ensure that the pre requisites have been successfully applied.
- A Windows running computer with no security apps and tools installed is being required; your phablet and its USB cable will also be required.
- On your device you should go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” for enabling the USB debugging option – else you will not be able to connect your handset with your computer.
- If the battery status indicates less than 60% power left, charge your smartphone – else it might get turned off and bricked while you are trying to root its system.
- Backup the text messages, call logs, EFS folder and anything else that you might need before going any further; even though it is unlikely to lose your personal data by using Odin, the best is to prevent all the unexpected and unpleasant situations.
- This step by step guide must be completed only by those who own the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, as the steps from below are compatible only with the mentioned device.
- On your computer install the Mega 6.3 drivers; you can do this by downloading and installing Samsung KIES.
How to Easily Root Galaxy Mega 6.3 on any firmware
- Download Odin from here; unzip the file and install the program on your computer.
- Download the rooting package from here and unzip the same on desktop.
- Run Odin on your computer.
- Remember to install the Galaxy Mega 6.3 drivers.
- Turn off your phone and reboot it in download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons.
- Connect the device with the computer via USB cable.
- Odin should recognize your device: the “added” message should be displayed and the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue – if different close Odin, unplug the USB cable and re-install the drivers on your PC.
- From Odin select “PDA” and pick the root file.
- Don’t check the Re-partition box and don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Click on “start” and wait while the root process is working.
- In the end, the “pass” message will be displayed on Odin.
- You can disconnect your handset from the computer; also reboot your device.
- In case it will get stuck in a boot loop, you will have to: reboot by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time – for booting to recovery mode; from there select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition; return and choose “reboot system now”.
- Also, if Odin gets stuck you need to: close the tool, unplug the USB cord, force restart your phone, re-install the drivers on the computer and repeat the root process from the beginning.
Well done; you have successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 by using Odin. So, now you can begin in performing other operations on your phablet; stay close as we will bring suitable step by step guides for you. Use the comments field from below for sharing your thoughts and experience with our team – if there were problems we will assist you as soon as possible.