Root Galaxy S Advance I9070 XXLD1 Firmware
Galaxy S Advance I9070 can now be easily rooted if yours is on the XXLD1 firmware. All the instructions you need are listed in this post.
For Advance I9070 devices that are running on older firmware editions then you can use our guide to upgrade to XXLD1 here. Rooting your device is easy and this offers you access to your phone’s subsystem with support for installing custom ROMs.
This guide is for advanced Android users that wish to root fast and easy their devices. Please note that we cannot be held responsible if somehting goes wrong and you brick the phone. Make sure that you’ve read all the instructions in the tutorial and pre-requisites guides and only afterwards you should start the rooting process.
Read all the info below and learn how to correctly prepare the device and backup your important data, just in case something goes wrong and you won’t be able to boot your phone or the important files are deleted. Here’s what you need to know:
- copy / move your most important files on your device’s internal sd card or on your computer.
- applications, sms text messages and call logs information can be backed up with these small tools: AppBak for saving and restoring Android apps | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore.
- Phone contacts can be synced with your Google account. If you don’t know how to do it, then use this guide here.
- enable USB debugging mode from your devices Development / Developer options.
- fully charge the phone’s battery and this will prevent it from powering off while we’re rooting the phone.
- APN and MMS Settings should be backed up just in case you won’t be able to use the internet after the root is complete.
- all these guidelines are optional and, everything should go according to plan but, just in case, something goes wrong then you should backup your data.
- apply this root only on Galaxy S Advance I9070 devices. Do not attempt to root any other smartphone with the software listed in this post.
- before starting the root process you should disable all the antivirus applications currently running on your PC.
That’s all you need to know and now you;re free to move to the tutorial guide. Remember that you’re rooting your device at your own risk and you will void its warranty. You can restore back the warranty only by updating to official firmware which will then revoke the root access. If you cannot complete the root process then you should ask for help in comments.
How to root the Galaxy S Advance I9070 phone on XXLD1 Firmware:
- Download the XXLD1 rooting pack from here.
- Extract the contents of the root package in a single folder and place it on your computer’s desktop.
- Now, in the rooting folder you should have Odin.exe. Launch it.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot into Download mode by pressing volume down and home center buttons and while doing this you need to press Power.
- When you see green android displayed on your phone you need to connect your phone to your PC.
- Now ODIN should display an yellow section under ID:COM. That means that your device has all the USB drivers installed.
- Now, click the ‘PIT’ tab. Browse the folder you’ve created at step 2 and select the ‘GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit’.
- Click the ‘PDA’ tab and select the ‘rootkernel.tar.md5′ file.
- After you’ve selected all these files then you can hit the “START’ button. This will start the rooting process.
- When the root is complete you should disconnect the phone from your PC.
- Power OFF the Advance I9070 device.
- Close ODIN.
- Now you have to boot once again in download mode.
- Launch ODIN and connect the phone to your computer.
- In ODIN click the ‘PIT’ tab and select the ’GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit’.
- Click ‘PDA’ tab and select the ‘xxld1.tar.md5′ file.
- Press START and wait for ODIN to complete the second and final phase of the rooting process.
- When the Advance I9070 device has been successfully rooted, it will restart and it should boot into home screen. Now you can disconnect it from your PC.
If you have any other questions then you should use the comments section and we will help you.
In case the phone or ODIN gets stuck and freezes then you will have to disconnect them and then power off the device by removing its battery. Put it back in download mode and then repeat all the steps listed in the tutorial guide.