How to Root Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105
If you have recently installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, then probably now you are looking for a root solution suitable with your device. If so, then you are in the right place because during this step by step guide we will be checking on how to easily root your Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105 smartphone. Take note as this method will work only if you have previously flashed a custom recovery image on your phone; you can apply the steps from below only by using the CWM recovery tool.
If this tutorial is not suitable for you or for your Galaxy S2 Plus, then you can anytime use our “how to root guides”: learn how to apply a general method for rooting almost any Android devices, or perform a one click root solution that can be easily completed for several Samsung branded devices. Either way, make sure that you are not rooting the S2 Plus by yourselves because without consulting a dedicated guide you will risk in bricking your phone. Therefore make sure that you are reading all the next lines, don’t head straight to the steps.
But first let’s see why you should consider in rooting your Galaxy S2 Plus. Well, it is quite easy to explain as by gaining root access you are actually setting free your phone. This means that once you complete this guide all the factory restrictions will be removed and you will gain access to the internal system of your device. Because of that you will be able to change default settings, remove inbuilt programs, optimize and customize the looks and power up the performances. Also, after rooting the system you can update your S2 Plus with a custom ROM firmware therefore applying this operation is a must have.
Unfortunately, as you will remove the factory restrictions and settings, by rooting you will void the warranty of your device. That’s why you should be careful in what you as if you will mess things up, then you will be by yourselves. Anyway, the warranty can be easily restored; all you have to do is to downgrade to stock ROM, update to official firmware, reset the flash counter or unroot the system. This is the only negative aspect related with the root process, so if you are not confortable regarding to the same, then maybe it will be better to stop going any further.
It is also recommended to backup the S2 Plus data because you might end up in losing all of your personal saves. I am talking to your contacts, messages, call logs, internet settings, EFS folder, market apps, so take your time and save everything you can. It will be a good idea to make a Nandroid backup too, as if something goes wrong you will be able to safely restore the stock ROM.
Good, after backing up the data, you need to ensure that all the required devices and tasks are being completed before starting the root procedure. So, in order to make everything perfect first take a look and then apply the lines from below.
- You will have to download the root package on a computer, so the phone and its USB cord will be needed.
- On your phone CWM recovery must be installed.
- On both computer and handset there shouldn’t be any security tools installed; these programs are usually interfering with the root operation.
- Also, your smartphone must be charged or else it might get turned off in the middle of the root procedure; therefore if you notice that there is less than 60% power left, use the charger.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your S2 Plus.
- Remember to backup the data.
It is important to know that this step by step guide is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus model number GT-I9105. This means that if you are applying the next steps on a different handset, you will risk in bricking your Android based device.
How to Root Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105
- Use the link from here and download the Superuser ZIP file on your computer.
- Then, use the USB cord and connect the phone with the computer.
- Select the downloaded file and copy the Superuser ZIP file over to the root of your SD card.
- Next, disconnect the devices by unplugging the USB cable.
- Turn off your device as you need to boot it into recovery mode.
- If you don’t know how to do it follow: after turning off your phone, reboot the same by pressing on the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time; the recovery mode menu should be displayed.
- From the recovery menu select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the Superuser Zip file from your handset and flash the same.
- In the end from recovery select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- In case you get a boot loop, then you have to reboot into recovery once more; then you need to select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”; reboot the device as everithing should be fine now.
Well done guys, your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus has been successfully rooted. You can now easily tweak your phone as you have full access to its internal system and OS. Furthermore, you can look forward in updating your S2 Plus with a custom ROM firmware; for suitable guides stay close as we will bring tutorials as soon as a new software is being made available. The present guide has been first developed by those of xda-developers, so we have them to thanks for the same. Now, if you want to talk with us, or share your questions and problems use the comments area from below and we will try to get in touch with you as soon as possible.