As the official Jelly Bean update has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S3 from a while, now all the users who applied the stock firmware on their devices are looking for a root procedure that can be performed on the new OS. In order to help you out, today we will be checking in how to easily gain root access for the Galaxy S3 GT I9305 that runs on the official Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 software. Take note though that this tutorial is being suitable only for the S3 model number I9305 that is being powered by the mentioned ROM, so don’t try to complete the steps from bellow for a similar device.
It is important to have a rooted handset because who knows when you will need access to its internal system. On a rooted OS you can install complex apps that requires root access in order to work properly (such as CWM recovery and some backup and restore tools), you can remove in-built programs in order to improve the speeds, optimize and customize the system and so on. The best part is that once the root access is granted you can start updating your Galaxy S3 with the latest custom ROMs, which are being perfect for those who want to try something different than the classic or default Jelly Bean experience.
In a few words, if you want to properly use your smartphone, gaining root access is a must have. Actually, this will be the first step to make if you want to power up the Galaxy S3 performances, so why not to try the same? The root procedure can be easily performed, the present step by step guide being all that you need. You have all the aspects needed explained and detailed below, so let’s get started. Anyway, do read all the following lines or else you can end up in bricking your phone, and I know that you don’t want that to happen.
Above, we have seen which the advantages that come with a root operation are. Well, now let’s see if there are negative aspects too. As usual, when we are talking about unofficial procedures, there are some things that must be revealed. Related to our purpose, the most relevant one is referring to your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 warranty. By trying to root your Galaxy S3 that runs the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 firmware you will make changes into the internal system of your device. This means that the warranty will be void. This aspect can’t be avoided, so if you are not sure that you can safely complete this guide, maybe it will be better to stop going any further.
Also, a backup is strongly recommended even though it is unlikely to lose your personal info while trying to root the Galaxy S3 by using this step by step guide. But if anything bad happens, you will have to wipe the system for fixing things up, so as a precaution take your time and backup the SGS3 data before going any further. You can use our backup and restore guides (search through our how to section) for learning how to save almost everything from your phone (contacts list, call logs, internet settings, calendar info, market apps, EFS, text messages and so on), so you have nothing to worry about.
Now, as this is an unofficial operation, you have to apply the pre requisites that are being explained during the following list. Then, you can safely begin the root procedure that can be applied on any Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 that is being powered by the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 software.
- You will need to use a Windows running computer or notebook; on the same you will download and install some tools.
- The Galaxy S3 and its USB cable must be near you.
- All the security programs that are running on your phone and computer must be deactivated.
- The handset must be fully charged; or if there is more than 60% power left you can skip this step.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device (from here: “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”).
- Apply this tutorial only if you own the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number GT I9305. Also remember that this root procedure is suitable only with the Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 firmware.
How to Root Galaxy S3 GT I9305 on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 OS
- Download the root package from here.
- Download Odin.
- And download Samsung KIES.
- Save all the files on your computer.
- Now, use KIES for installing the proper drivers for the Galaxy S3.
- Extract the root package on your computer.
- Install and then open Odin.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S3 and reboot into download mode.
- You can enter download mode by pressing on Volume Down, Center key and Power button at the same time.
- Now, use the USB cable and connect the handset with the computer.
- Take a look on Odin: the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue now and the “added” message should be displayed.
- If not, remove the USB cable, turn off Odin and re-install the drivers; then repeat the procedure as explained above.
- Go on Odin and select “PDA”.
- Pick the “CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5” file and click on “start”.
- When the process ends, you can remove the USB cable and reboot your device (also on Odin the “pass” message should be displayed).
If Odin gets stuck while trying to perform the above mentioned steps, unplug the USB cable, force restart your device, wait for a few seconds and then reboot into download mode again. Also, restart Odin on your computer. Then, you can start the root process from the beginning.
Furthermore, in the end you can get a boot loop; if that happens, you need to reboot your Galaxy S3 into recovery mode. Then, from recovery select to wipe the system: “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”. Up next choose to reboot the device and that’s all. As a final note, the first boot might take longer than usual, but don’t panic there is nothing wrong with your smartphone.
So, now you know how to easily root the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 OS. You can now install a custom recovery image on your phone and use the same for updating with custom ROMs firmware. Stay close as we will bring new tutorials suitable with your device soon along with other Android related tricks and tips. Also, use the comments area from below for sharing your impressions related to the present tutorial, and tell us how things worked for you.
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/u/0/_/+1/fastbutton?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.android.gs%2Froot-galaxy-s3-gt-i9305-jelly-bean-4-1-2-xxbma3%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error in /home/android/public_html/wp-content/themes/v3/func.php on line 153