Here you can find instructions on how to successfully root the Huawei U8160 aka Vodafone Smart using One Click firmware. Please note that by rooting this Android smartphone you will void its warranty because this is a custom ROM firmware and, if you ever wish to restore the warranty you will need to apply the stock firmware files.
Before moving to the first step you need to read the list of things that will help you properly prepare for the root process. Also, remember that this are custom applications and we cannot be held responsible in case something goes wrong during the tutorial guide and you should only start to change the firmware of your Huawei device only if your an advanced user and know what every action listed in this post means and you know how to correctly apply it. Here’s what you need to read before getting to the step by step guide:
- backup all the data stored on your device because during the rooting process some files might be lost or corrupted.
- you can choose to backup the APN and MMS Settings, which might be handy in case you won’t be able to browse the internet after the root is complete. These settings can be found by tapping Settings, then Applications, open Wireless and Network, select Mobile Networks and under the Access Point Names you will find all the info you need.
- make sure that the charge levels of your device is over 75% and that will prevent it from switching off while rooting it.
- disable or even remove all the antimalware and firewall applications to avoid any interruption.
- enable the USB debugging option by opening Settings, then Applications where the Development menu is and the USB debugging option needs to be ticked.
Now that you know all that, let’s move to the first step of the ‘how to root Huawei U8160 / Vodafone Smart with the Super One Click utility’ tutorial guide:
- Download the SuperOneClick utility and save it on your computer.
- Extract all the contents from the zip file into a separate folder.
- Launch the ‘SuperOneClick’ tool by double clicking its executable.
- Connect the phone to your PC and then simply click ‘ROOT’. The rooting process will start, wait until that completes.
- When the root is complete, you will be shown a notification message and it should reboot the phone. After the home screen loads it means that everything went according to plan and your device has been successfully rooted.
Please note that in case the root wasn’t applied, then you will need to repeat all the steps listed above because something went wrong or you forgot to apply a step. If you require help with rooting your phone then feel free to tell usin the comments section.