Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Rugby Pro I547
The Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547 is an interesting smartphone due to its “resistance” capabilities, more and more users being interested in buying such devices. Unfortunately, the Galaxy Rugby Pro is a mid range smartphone with decent, but not high end, specs and features; for example the Android OS version that comes pre-installed on the Rugby is Ice Cream Sandwich. Therefore, if you have bought this phone, now you are probably looking into powering up its performances, or at least into updating its system to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
If so, then you should start the upgrading process by rooting your Galaxy Rugby Pro and then by installing a custom recovery image, CWM recovery in our case, on your device. In this way you will be able to prepare your phone for other operations as the internal system will be unchained and the factory restrictions removed. So, gaining root access on your Rugby Pro is a must have, especially if you want to obtain more power from your smartphone, or if you need to access in built programs, install apps that requires root access in order to work properly and so on.
Actually, after rooting the Galaxy Rugby Pro you will be able to apply maintenance, optimization, customization, restoration, backup and update operations, meaning that your phone will become your new playground. Anyway, be careful when applying such operations, as the procedures are unofficial ones, and if you somehow damage the system or brick your handset, you will be by yourselves.
Due to same considerations, I must mention that by following this step by step guide for rooting your Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro, you will lose the phone’s warranty. Unfortunately this aspect can’t be avoided as you are making changes into the internal system of your smartphone. Don’t worry though as if you stick to the present tutorial, everything will be fine. Also, do remember that the warranty can be restored; for completing the same you will have to downgrade, or update your Rugby Pro to official, or stock Android software. Of course then the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked, but the warranty will be restored.
It is important to properly prepare your phone before starting to root its system and install CWM recovery on the same. In this way you can be sure that everything will go as planned, not to mention that you will be able to complete the guide faster without dealing with unexpected problems. So, let’s talk about the pre requisites.
You should backup the data of your smartphone or else, you might end up in noticing that all of your personal info has been erased. In some cases the system will get wiped out meaning that everything that is saved on the internal storage memory of your Galaxy Rugby Pro will be deleted. So, before installing CWM recovery on your handset, complete a full backup.
After that you need to ensure that you can access and use a Windows running computer. You will then have to connect your Rugby Pro with the PC, so the USB cable of your phone must be near you. In order to make things right you will have to deactivate the security programs from both smartphone and PC, enable the USB debugging option from your phone and charge the battery of your device. Without taking care of the mentioned tasks, the flashing operation will be interfered, your phone might get bricked and you will not be able to safely root and install CWM recovery into its system.
Finally, you should know that this tutorial is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro model number I547; so use the next steps for rooting and flashing CWM recovery only on the mentioned device. Else you will risk in bricking your Android based smartphone.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Rugby Pro
- On your computer first install the drivers for your phone; for that download and install Samsung KIES.
- Then, from here, download the CWM recovery file.
- Also, download and install Odin.
- Turn off your phone and reboot it into download mode: press and hold the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons at the same time.
- On your computer open Odin.
- Connect your handset with the computer.
- On Odin the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue and the “added” message should be displayed; if not try to re-install the drivers once more.
- From Odin select “PDA” and pick the CWM recovery file.
- Don’t make any other changes on Odin; the Re-partition section shouldn’t be checked and the F. Reset Time option should be checked.
- Click on “start”.
- Note: if while you are trying to apply the steps Odin gets stuck, you need to close Odin, unplug the USB cable, re-install the drivers, force restart your Galaxy Rugby Pro, reboot your phone into download mode, run Odin on the computer, re-connect the device with the PC and repeat the procedure from the beginning.
- In the end, on Odin you should see the “pass” message displayed meaning that you can unplug the USB cable.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro
- From here download the root package; save the file on your computer.
- Connect your phone with the computer by using the USB cord.
- Place the downloaded file on your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the smartphone from the PC.
- Now, reboot your handset into recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be reached by pressing on Power, Volume Up and Home buttons together.
- Then, from recovery select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the root package from the SD card and flash the same.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now”.
- Note 2: if in the end your phone will be stuck in a boot loop then reboot into recovery once more and select “wipe data factory reset” followed by “wipe cache partition”.
Congratulations you have successfully completed the step by step guide, which means that you have installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro and also you have rooted your smartphone. Therefore, now your device is being prepared for a more complex operation: updating with a Jelly Bean based custom ROM firmware. Stay close as we will bring a suitable tutorial for you and also use the comments area from below for sharing your thoughts with us and with other users too.