LG G2 on Android 4.2.2 KitKat can be rooted using the instructions listed in this article. Make sure to read the entire post if you want to successfully learn how to achieve root for your device without bricking it.
By rooting your device you will manage to successfully remove all limitations that were posted by the manufacturer. In order to complete this post you should first take a look at the guidelines below, so that you will learn what steps need to be taken for the device to be ready for the rooting process.
Here’s what you need to know:
- use this post only with the LG G2 smartphone.
– don’t try to root any other devices with the files that you will find in this article.
- rooting your phone will void its warranty and you can only restore it by flashing a new stock Android ROM.
- make sure to install the LG Mobile USB Drivers on your computer.
– without these drivers you won’t be able to push any root files to your phone.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
– if Developer Options menu is not listed, then you should go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information.
– tap Build Number section for several times in order to enable Developer Options, then you need to go back to Settings, scroll down and open the new Developer Options menu. Here you can enable USB debugging.
- note that this is a guide for advanced users, don’t try to root your phone in case you’re a beginner.
- check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that your phone will not power off in the middle of the rooting process.
- read the entire post and make sure that you won’t skip any steps that are listed in the tutorial.
- we cannot be held responsible in case you brick your device nor in case you lose any data in the process.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully root your phone.
How to root LG G2:
- Download the IORoot file for LG G2 from here.
- After the download is complete you should extract the contents of the zip and save them all in a single folder on your computer.
- Connect your LG G2 to your Computer via USB cable.
– wait for all drivers to install and then continue to the next step.
- Go to the folder that you’ve extracted in step 2.
- Launch the ‘root.bat’ file.
- Now you have to follow the instructions that are listed in the command prompt.
- When you’re asked to unplug USB and disable then re-enable USB Debugging, do it.
- Press ENTER after that and wait until the rooting process is complete.
- Confirm that the root is successful by checking the App Drawer for the Superuser app.
- That is it, your phone has been rooted successfully.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully root your LG G2 using IORoot tool. Remember that this guide is for advanced users and that we won’t be held responsible in case you brick its firmware nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
If you need any extra help or in case the guide fails, then you can use the comments field below. If the guide fails at your first attempt, then you should try to repeat the tutorial more than once.
Now that your phone is rooted you can start looking for new custom ROMs and root-based apps that will help you improve your KitKat experience.
If you install a new Recovery on your phone, then you should choose CWM or TWRP versions. Also, here’s how to boot Recovery Mode guide.