Even though LG hasn’t released its G3 worldwide yet, soon the smartphone will be available through the major markets out there. Anyway, if you have bought a new LG G3 and if you are currently looking for a compatible and safe root method, then you are in the right place. By using the guidelines from below you will be able to easily root your LG G3 by applying a one click root solution that is suitable with the following models of the handset: Korean G3 F400K/L/S, International G3 D855, AT&T G3 (D850), T-Mobile G3 (D851), Canadian G3 (LG-D852), Sprint G3 (LS990) and Verizon G3 (VS985).
This root method has been made available by those of xda-developers so we should thank them for the present tutorial. Now, actually, below I will show you two methods that can be applied for easily rooting your LG G3, so first read all the following lines and then decide on which one-click-root solution to apply on your new Android smartphone. Both methods are safe and secured; basically all you have to do is to download the proper root software and to run the same on your computer – of course in the end, your LG G3 will be rooted.
Therefore, gaining root access on your LG G3 will be an easy thing to achieve, though you should first ensure that completing this operation is what you really want to do. We should start by explaining the risks implied by this procedure. Mainly, rooting your Android device is not an official operation, so this root method has nothing to do with LG. Due to same reasons your LG G3 warranty will get void once you apply the steps from below – if something bad happens you will have to fix your damages or soft bricked device by yourself without taking your LG back to service (since the warranty is void, the official assistance might be quite expensive).
The warranty will get void because you will unlock the internal system of your device and here is when we are talking about the advantages that come along with the root access. Basically, once you root your LG G3, you will get rid of all the factory and default restrictions that might be quite annoying. Thus, after completing this operation you will be able to perform other custom tasks such as installing a custom ROM on your smartphone, flashing a custom recovery image, remove bloatware and in built programs, add new features and customize the performances for bumping the speeds and improving the battery life of your Android smartphone.
Therefore, as you can see, rooting your LG G3 is a must, especially if you want to use your phone on full power and if you are an advanced Android user who wants to enjoy an unlocked KitKat system. Now, if you have decided to apply this one click root method, first of all note that there are a few pre requisites that must be applying before going any further. In that matter, do take a look over the list from below and apply the operations described there.
- It is important to backup your data because you might notice that after completing the proper root operation, your data can’t be used any more. In rare cases during the operation from below, the data which is saved on the internal storage memory might get corrupted or even wiped out.
- So, due to same reasons, before doing anything else, use compatible backup and restore apps from Google Play, or our tutorials (check out our how to section in that matter) in order to save everything that’s important for you.
- Mainly, you should save your contacts list, call logs, text messages, internet settings, market apps, personal data, info and accounts and even your images, videos and audio files.
- A computer is being required and since you will have to establish a connection between your LG G3 and your PC, your phone’s USB cord should also be near you.
- In order to properly connect your devices, first of all, on your handset from “menu – settings – developer options” you should enable the USB debugging option.
- Then, for ensuring that you can avoid the unpleasant situations, from your computer temporarily deactivate the security protection – the tools might interfere with the root operation.
- Moreover, the best will be to charge your smartphone before doing anything else – if your G3 gets turned off in the middle of the root operation, your phone might also get bricked.
Remember that these two one-click-root methods are being compatible only with the following versions of the LG G3: Korean G3 F400K/L/S, International G3 D855, AT&T G3 (D850), T-Mobile G3 (D851), Canadian G3 (LG-D852), Sprint G3 (LS990) and Verizon G3 (VS985). Don’t use the guidelines from below if you have a similar or different Android handset and you can end up in bricking it – use this guide in order to learn how to fix most common Android issues.
How to Root LG G3 (for Korean, International, Canadian and US models)
- On your computer go to this page; from there download the IO Root tool.
- Place the file on desktop and unzip the same.
- Enter “Airplane mode” on your LG G3 (the process shouldn’t be interrupted in any matter, so in this way you won’t receive any texts messages or calls).
- Connect your LG G3 with your computer; plug in the USB cable in order to establish the mentioned connection.
- From the IO Root folder select and run the “root.bat” executable file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and that’s it.
- This time, on your computer download this root package – go here for the download link.
- Unzip the root package.
- Connect your handset with your computer.
- Navigate to the root folder and from there run the “run.bat” executable file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and when the recovery screen will be displayed don your phone, from the same select “update from ADB”.
- Your smartphone will be now automatically rooted.
- In the end go to Google Play and from there download the SuperSU app and install the same on your device.
So, there you have it; that’s how you can anytime easily root your LG G3 by using two one-click root methods. Of course, choose the procedure you prefer and in the end don’t forget to share your results and your experience with us and with other users who might need a second opinion. If there are problems, share your issues by using the comments field from below and we will assist you as soon as possible.