During the past two months we have brought you different news about the Verizon LG Lucid 4G, such as future specs and features, release date and price tag. Since then, the phone has been released on the market, its users enjoying its capabilities. So, it’s time to show you how to improve the performances of your device and the best way to start the same is by learning how to root your LG Lucid 4G smartphone. That’s exactly what we will be checking in this step by step guide, where you can find what you need to do for preparing your phone for the up mentioned procedure along with the tools needed.
You must learn how to root the LG Lucid if you want to improve its capabilities. I know that the handset was just released but you have to admit that is not a high end gadget. So, if you want to take full advantage of it, you must first gain root access. This is the first step to do for unchaining the system of your smartphone. After this you will be able to customize and optimize the OS, along with performing other operations such as installing a custom recovery image, flashing a custom ROM or just updating the OS with unofficial or beta firmware. Not to mention that several apps from Google Play are requiring root access for being able to run properly; having a rooted LG lucid will bring only advantages for you.
As usual, when you start making changes in the default system, the warranty is getting lost. That’s why you should always follow a tutorial; don’t try to root the Lucid on your own as you can brick it and you don’t what that to happen especially if you think that the warranty is no longer yours. Anyway, you can regain the warranty once you re-lock the bootloader. Then, a full wipe of the system will be required in order to root the same. This means that you must somehow save your personal info. Make a backup and you should be in safe hands. You can backup the Lucid in many ways, there are many apps that can complete this operation. We also have some tips for you, so you can check them out as I have listed the same below:
- Use a computer, or the SD card for storing video or images files.
- Backup the current ROM. Learn how to do this as in case you damage it during the rooting procedure you can restore the firmware and use it as you did before.
- Download SMS backup and restore for Android.
- Download and install Call log backup and restore apps.
- Sync with Google for saving the contacts from your handset.
As stated in the introduction, now we will be checking in how to prepare the LG Lucid and the computer you will have to use for gaining root access on the same. Don’t go to the basic guide before completing these as you can’t apply the steps.
- Charge the phone’s battery to a minimum 60%. It’s recommended to fully charge it.
- If you have antivirus or Firewall protection installed on your PC and on your handset, go and disable it. You can reactivate the tools as soon as you finish the rooting operation.
- On your device go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option. Don’t do this when the smartphone is connected with the computer.
- Make sure you have the Lucid USB cord near you.
How to Root LG Lucid 4G
- Download the rooting package for your Lucid from here and save it to the computer.
- Unzip the file.
- Make sure you have the following files: adb, adbWinApi.dll, adbWinUSBApi.dll, busybox, run, su, Superuser.apk. Keep these tools on your PC as they are required for numerous apps.
- Connect the handset with the computer. Use the USB cord for this.
- On the computer go and double click on the “run.bat” executable.
- Press “enter” for proceeding.
- The LG Lucid will now be rooted.
- Wait until the process finishes and don’t press anything.
- The phone should reboot on its own.
- As soon as it does you can remove the USB cable and disconnect the same from the computer.
That was pretty easy, wasn’t it? Only a few steps to follow, a program that does all the work and your LG Lucid 4G is now rooted and ready for other important operations. It’s up to you whether to decide if installing a custom recovery image or a custom ROM into the system is what you really need. You can see how these tasks can be completed by checking and reading our daily step by step guides. Furthermore do tell us what else you need or want to learn and we will come with the suitable guide for you.