Root LG Optimus 4X HD ( O4X P880 )
LG Optimus 4X HD has been launched and now a developing team managed to create a working root utility that you can use to gain access to all your phone’s sub-system files and get control over all features and functions of ICS. Apply this root only if you’re an advanced Android user and note that this will void your device’s warranty.
Read the entire tutorial that I have posted and make sure that you don’t skip any steps listed as that will result in a failed root attempt and you might end up bricking the device. If you want to successfully root the LG Optimus 4X HD, then you should read the preparation guide below and only after that you should continue with the rest of the root process. Here’s what you need to know and what actions to take so that your phone will be correctly rooted:
- apply these changes only on the LG Optimus 4X HD smartphone model number O4X P880. It will work only with this model and you shouldn’t attempt to flash the root files on any other Android smartphone, as it won’t work and it might brick that other device.
- Download the LG USB phone drivers on your computer – download link. After the download is complete you should install them and after that move to the next step.
- On your phone, open Settings, then Security menu and here you need you to enable the ‘unknown sources’ option.
- Go back to Settings and open ‘Developer settings’ and enable the ‘USB debugging’ option.
- Make sure that your phone has a file manager installed on it as you’ll need to use it in order to correctly apply the root.
- Charge the phone’s battery so that the device won’t power off during the rooting process.
- Disable and uninstall all the antivirus applications that are currently running on your PC.
- Make sure that you apply all the instructions listed in the tutorial and in case you cannot complete it then you should ask for my help by posting in the comments section, at the end of this post.
- This tutorial and the root tools might remove some of the files that are currently stored on your Optimus 4X HD and this means that you should try to move them on your PC via USB cable and after the root is complete you will be able to restore them intact.
I think that these are all the preparation steps that you have to take and now you should move to the tutorial and apply the root. Don’t skip any of the steps that I have listed as that will result in a failed root attempt.
How to root LG Optimus 4X HD
- Download the toolkit zip file HERE. Save the file on your computer’s desktop screen. After the download is complete you should extract its contents in a single folder.
- Next, download the ‘IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk’ file on your PC HERE. After the download is complete you should move this ‘APK’ on your smartphone.
- Install the APK. In case the installation cannot be completed then you should return to the preparation guide and you will need to apply the ‘Settings’ menu changes and you will then be allowed to install applications from unknown sources. When the installation is complete, move to the next step.
- Open the ‘SystemBackupTest’ application and then hold the ‘Power’ button and select ‘Power OFF and restart’ option.
- When the lock screen is loaded after boot process your phone will work slowly and this is a normal behavior. Now you should connect the smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- On your PC desktop open the ‘o4xr’ folder and on the white space in the folder you should right-click. Select ‘open command window here’.
- Now, in the command prompt window you need to type the following command line: root
- Your phone will now restart after the script means that it has been correctly applied. The command prompt should display ‘C:o4xr’.
- Open Google Play Store on your phone and search for ‘SuperSU’ application. Install/ Update it.
- In SuperSU confirm that you wish to update the SU binary. That is it, your LG Optimus 4X HD has been successfully rooted and now you are free to uninstall the ‘SystemBackupTest’ application.
These were all the steps that you had to take and in case you weren’t capable of rooting the smartphone then you should ask for extra help using our comments section.
With your LG Optimus 4X HD now rooted you can install new custom ROMs from now on in order to improve your Android experience. Also, remember to return to our website as we will post new posts on how to install custom ROMs for Optimus 4X HD and how to improve its overall performance.