LG Optimus G model number F180K has been launched in South Korea from some time, it has been updated already to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Now you can use this post to learn how to successfully root it. Read the entire article and get to the tutorial only when you’re sure that you can complete the root.
This root has been compiled by Bin4ry, an XDA member and developer. In order to be sure that you can root your device, then you should follow the instructions that I have listed in this post and firstly, you need to read the guidelines below. A Windows computer is required in order to apply the root for your device.
The instructions below will teach you how to configure your device for the rooting process.
Here’s what you need to know before starting to root your LG Optimus G smartphone:
- This is a tutorial that works only with the LG Optimus G model number F180K, which is the South Korean variant. Do not attempt to use the root files with any other smartphone.
- Also, your Optimus G device has to be on the ’10h’ firmware, as this root won’t work with the latest 10i firmware. NOTE: You can downgrade from ’10i’ to ’10h’ and apply this root, and after that you can upgrade back to ’10i’ and the root will be left unchanged.
- Backup all your important data and make sure that you read the entire post before starting to root your phone.
- Your computer shouldn’t have any antivirus software running. The security apps might interfere with the rooting process and you won’t be able to flash the root files.
- Enable the USB debugging option from the Android Developer Options.
- Make sure that your device’s battery is charged. This will prevent the device from powering off.
- Don’t blame us in case something goes wrong, the device gets bricked or you lose any important data in the process.
- Read the entire tutorial and make sure that you don’t skip any steps that are listed below.
- Use the comments section to ask for extra help.
Since this is a guide that will work only with the Korean LG Optimus G smartphone, you shouldn’t attempt to flash the root files on the International LG Optimus G nor on any other variant of Optimus G, as you might brick the device. You can find more info on XDA thread here.
The instructions should be enough and you should now be able to root your smartphone.
How to root the LG Optimus G F180K on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download the Root app from HERE. Save the file on your PC.
- Extract the contents of the .7z file and save place them in a folder on your device.
- Open the folder.
- Connect the smartphone to computer.
- Now, double-click on the ‘Runme.bat’ file.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions.
- When the root is complete, restart the device and that should do it.
These were all the steps that you had to take.
Now you can restore all your important data back to your smartphone.
NOTE: In case you were running the 10i firmware and you downgraded to 10h firmware, then you can upgrade back to 10i now. The root will be retained.
In case you cannot complete the root, then you should ask for more help in comments. Make sure to leave a detailed comment describing where you got stuck so that we will be able to offer you a viable solution.