Nokia X smartphone with Android has been launched at MWC 2014 in Barcelona, but it didn’t feature the Google Play Store app. That’s why I’ve created this post, for all Nokia X users to learn how to successfully root their device and flash Google Play Store on it.
This guide is extremely easy to follow and you should first read the guidelines below:
- use this tutorial only with the Nokia X smartphone.
- enable the USB Debugging from your phone’s settings – this will make sure that you will manage to transfer data between your Nokia X and your computer.
- read the entire tutorial and do not to skip any steps.
- note that we cannot be blamed in case you brick your phone or lose any important data in the process.
- make sure to move all important files to internal / external sdcard.
- check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will ensure that your device will not power off in the middle of the rooting process.
Since you’ve gone past all of the above you should continue to the next part of this post.
How to root Nokia X Android and install Google Play Store APK:
- Download the Root APK file from here.
- Download the Google Apps zip file from here.
– unzip the file and save it on your PC.
– you will get an APK file
- Connect the Nokia X to your computer, then move both APK files to your device’s internal storage.
– Disconnect the phone from your PC when done moving the files.
- Use a File Manager and find the location where you placed the files.
- Press on the Framaroot 1.9.1 APK file and follow the on-screen instructions.
– this process will root your Nokia X.
- Change the permissions set for your device from the /system/app location. That’s where you should have the Google Apps APK.
- Now you can flash the Google Apps APK. Confirm installation and then add your own Google Account profile.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully root your Nokia X Android phone and install Google Play Store on your phone.