The Chinese Galaxy S4 I959 model can now be rooted using the Root Genius tool for Android.
Rooting your device is extremely easy and with root access you will be able to flash new recoveries, custom ROMs and other similar customizations that should allow you to improve your overall Android experience.
Read this entire tutorial, but please you should take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model number SCH – I959, this is a variant sold in Asia.
- do not attempt to root any other smartphone in case the model number doesn’t watch the one listed in this article.
- do not try to root any different Android device, as you will brick its firmware.
- make sure to install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- without the drivers installed your phone will not be detected by Root Genius app.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
- if Developer Options menu isn’t listed under Settings, then you have to go to ‘About Device’, scroll down and then tap seven times on the ‘Build Number’ section; after that you have to go back to Settings, scroll down, open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- disable any antivirus app from running on your computer as well as Samsung KIES.
- check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent the phone from switching off in the middle of the rooting process.
- read the entire guide and don’t skip any steps if you want to achieve root at your first attempt.
- this is a guide for advanced users, do not blame us in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- by rooting your device you will lose warranty.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S4 I959 with Root Genius for Android:
This guide should work with any Android OS firmware.
- Download the Root Genius tool from here.
- After the download is complete you simply have to save it on your desktop PC.
- make sure that you have the USB Drivers installed and that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Launch the app on your PC.
- Use the USB Cable and connect your phone to your computer.
- wait for the device to be detected by your PC and then continue to the next step.
- Press the ‘Root Now’ button when you’re ready to start the root process.
- make sure not to press any buttons during root.
- After the root is complete you will see the confirmation displayed by Root Genius.
KingUser icon should appear in your phone’s App Drawer, that will confirm that root has been achieved successfully.
Alternatively you can check for root access using the Root Checker app. Launch the app and then click the Verify Now button.
In case the device isn’t booting in normal mode after root has been achieved, then you will be forced to apply a Factory Reset from Recovery Mode. Here’s how to do it:
- power off the device.
- boot it into Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- confirm process.
- reboot the device in normal mode and that should do it.
In case you need any extra help, then you should leave a detailed comment at the end of this post.