This is the tutorial that you should be using in case you’re planning of rooting your Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 device.
By rooting your device you will open up tons of possibilities such as installing new Recoveries and then flashing new custom ROMs or other customizations that will allow you to greatly improve the performance.
Rooting a device is usually easy to apply, but it would be best for you to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this post only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 model number SM – T330.
- do not try to root any other Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 variant in case it doesn’t match the model number.
- download and install the Samsung USB Drivers from here. Install them on your computer.
- if you don’t install these drivers then you won’t be able to flash any root files.
- we will use Odin to root the tablet, but without the USB Drivers installed on your computer, then the tablet cannot be detected by the app.
- disable any antivirus apps and the Samsung KIES software from running on your PC.
- enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- if Developer Options isn’t shown under Settings, then you will have to un-hide this menu first, info here on how to do it.
- that guide is for Galaxy S5 but it will help you enabled Developer Options for any Samsung device.
- check the tablet’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, so that it won’t switch off in the middle of the root.
- read the whole tutorial, don’t skip any steps and you should be able to complete the tutorial without problems.
- by rooting your Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 you will void its warranty.
- warranty can be restored only if you flash an official stock Android ROM.
- this is a post for advanced users, do not blame us in case you end up bricking your device, nor in case you lose any sensible data files.
- if you need any more help feel free to tell us in comments.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post and learn how to successfully achieve root for your device.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 T330 with CF Auto Root:
This tutorial should work with any Android 4.4 KitKat version.
- Download the CF Auto Root zip file from here.
- save the file on your PC.
- Extract the contents of the zip and place them on your computer’s desktop.
- you will get a .tar file with CF-Auto-Root as its title.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here.
- extract the Odin zipped files and save them on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- this step was listed in the preparation guide, too.
- Power off the tablet now.
- Next, boot the Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 in Download Mode.
- it can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power, all at the same time.
- press Volume Up when the ‘download mode warning’ screen appears, then get to the next step.
- Launch Odin exe on your PC.
- Connect the tablet to your computer via USB Data Cable.
- wait for Odin to detect the tablet and then you con get to the next step.
- if the tablet is not detected you should re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Return to Odin window and click on the ‘AP’ button tab.
- Load the CF-Auto-Root.tar file.
- make sure that the ‘Re-Partition’ option is disabled.
- do not change any other default Odin settings.
- When ready you simply have to press the START button in order to begin the rooting process.
- do not press any buttons until all files are installed.
- When root is complete you will see the tablet rebooting and Odin will display the ‘PASS’ alert.
- Check to see if root has been achieved using the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
I hope that you’ve managed to complete the rooting process. If root was successful then you can close this guide and start customizing your device.
If root fails, then you will need to try and repeat the guide. Also, use the comments field to ask for more help.
If ODIN tells you that root has been achieved, but the phone doesn’t boot to normal mode, then you will have to apply a factory reset:
- power off the device completely.
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
- volume up, home and power buttons should be pressed at the same time.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option.
- confirm factory reset.
- reboot in normal mode after the process is complete.==============