Sony Xperia M is a budget friendly Android Jelly Bean powered smartphone that comes with a 4 inch display, a dual core 1 GHz processor and other mid-range specs and features. Since The Xperia M had just been released, so its users might want to use it on its full power, or why not to upgrade the performances and capabilities of their devices. If so, you should start with gaining root access, this being the first thing to do when trying to bump the speeds, upgrade the battery life, or customize the Android OS.
Fortunately for the Xperia M users those of xda-developers (we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide) had provided a one-click root solution for the mentioned smartphone. Therefore now you can learn how to easily root your Sony Xperia M C1904 / 1905 without dealing with complex and risky operations. In order to help you out, during the guidelines from below, I will show you how to use the one-click root app for unchaining the internal system of your handsets. For the proper tutorial, stick to the lines from below.
Even though rooting your Sony Xperia M by using this tutorial will be an easy task to perform do remember and consider that gaining root access is a risky operation; this because the warranty will get void. By unchaining the system of your device you will actually remove the default and factory restrictions. So, after completing this guide you will have access to the internal system and OS of your Xperia M, you will be able to remove in build programs, add new features, customize the looks, optimize the performances and more. The best is that on rooted phones you can install a custom recovery image that can be then used for flashing custom ROMs, or custom kernels (a custom kernel can be used for bumping the speeds or for improving the battery life -> overclocking or undervolting your Android device).
If you want the same for your Xperia M then do complete the next steps; else stop going any further. So, the warranty will get void. Well, that’s not permanent as the warranty can be restored if you choose to downgrade your phone to stock Jelly Bean OS, update with an official release of the Android system (hopefully Android 4.3 soon) or un-rooting the system.
Even though we will be using a one-click root solution, a backup is still required. Usually the backup operation is being recommended before each custom procedure you are about to apply on your smartphone. Well, the same is being applying in our case, so take all the time you need for saving all of your data, personal saves, info and accounts. Take care only of the data that is saved on the internal storage memory as the info that is stored on the SD card will not be affected.
- Also, before starting the proper guide, on your phone go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Furthermore go to path “Settings -> About Device -> Model Number” and make sure that you own the Sony Xperia M model number C1904 or C1905. This guide will work only on the mentioned devices.
- Also, this step by step guide is compatible only with unlocked handsets, so in case you have a network branded (locked) smartphone, don’t go any further.
- A computer must be near you as you must have access to the same.
- On the computer there shouldn’t be any security or antivirus programs installed; if different uninstall or deactivate the security protection first.
- Your Xperia M should be fully charged or the battery status should indicate more than 60% power left; if not first of all plug in the charger.
Good, now you are prepared for the root operation. So, let’s get started; stick to the steps from below for avoiding the unpleasant situations and for ensuring that everything will go as planned. Remember that the root tool is being provided by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for this guide.
How to Root Sony Xperia M C1904 / 1905 using One-Click Root solution
- On your computer download the root package.
- You can get the file from here.
- Save the file on desktop.
- Connect your handset with the computer via USB cable.
- Then, copy the downloaded file from the computer to your phone’s file manager.
- Disconnect the smartphone from the computer by removing the USB cable.
- Install the tool and your Xperia M.
- Run the same.
- A message will then by displayed; you will get something like “Success, Superuser and SU binary installed!”.
- Finally, reboot your phone.
- Take note that the first boot will take longer than usual; don’t panic, there is nothing wrong with your device.
- In the end, your handset will be finally rooted.
Good job, you have completed the steps by step guide which means that you have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia M C1904 / 1905 by using a custom one click root solution. If there were problems, or if you haven’t understand what you need to do, use the comments area from below and share the issues and your questions with us. We will try to assist you as soon as possible.