In order to obtain more power from your Android based phone, customize and optimize its performances and looks you must first learn how to unchain its system form the annoying factory restrictions. For that you must unlock the bootloader and root the OS, operations that can only be manually performed and only by using suitable how to guides. Therefore, today I will show you how to easily root the Sony Xperia P handset, this after we have recently showed you how to unlock the Xperia P bootloader.
This step by step tutorial can be easily completed all being explained so that everyone can understand what to do. Also there are only few steps that must be applied meaning that you will be done in just a couple of minutes. Now, the present tutorial is suitable only for the Sony Xperia P smartphones, so don’t use the same for rooting similar Android powered devices. Furthermore, you can perform this method for rooting the Xperia P that runs on any version of the Android firmware, the result being an unchained OS.
For those who don’t know the root procedure is extremely important especially if you want to properly use your Xperia P phone. When you first buy a device it is delivered with a locked system that has numerous restrictions installed. So, in order to gain access over the OS and over the internal system of your Xperia P you must remove these factory restrictions; as already mentioned, the only way possible for succeeding with the same is by unlocking the bootloader and then by gaining root access.
As a conclusion, you must root the Sony Xperia P if you are looking forward in installing complex apps into its system (like CWM recovery), update it with a custom ROM firmware, access the OS and the internal files, make and apply customization, maintenance, backup and restoration procedures and so on. Completing this tutorial is the first step to make when trying to improve the performances of your Android based smartphone. Luckily for you, I will show you how to easily apply the proper steps for rooting the Xperia P on any software, but first take a look and complete the pre requisites which are being detailed during the following list.
- First of all, take notice that this is not an official operation provided by Sony and the same has nothing to do with the mentioned company.
- Therefore, by applying the root procedure, you will void the Sony Xperia P warranty. Don’t worry though, as nothing wrong will happen if you follow my directions.
- You can restore the warranty (if you will need to) by downgrading or reinstalling the stock ROM, or by updating to an official software released by Sony for your Xperia P. Of course, then the root access will be revoked and the bootloader relocked.
- Backup the Xperia P data. It is unlikely to lose your personal info by completing this tutorial, but it is recommended to save all that you need to before starting to root the OS. Use our backup and restore guides (by searching through our how to section) for learning how to apply a full backup operation.
- You will have to use a computer, your phone and its USB cord.
- On the computer and handset first deactivate the security tools and antivirus programs; the security options are usually interfering with the root operation.
- On your Xperia P go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging” and enable the USB debugging option.
- Also ensure that your handset has enough battery power left for the root process (there should be at least 60% power left, else charge the battery before going any further).
- Do apply this tutorial only if you own the Sony Xperia P smartphone as the root guide will work only for the mentioned device. Remember that the guide is suitable for any firmware that might run on your phone.
How to Easily Root Sony Xperia P on any Firmware
- On your computer download the root package and extract the same (recommended on Desktop).
- The download link is here, so use the same.
- From the extracted folder you need to open the “RunMe.Bat” executable file.
- Up next, take the USB cable and by using the same connect your Xperia P with the computer.
- Press “enter” to start the root procedure.
- Don’t make any other changes, now the program will do its work.
- In the end, you can remove the USB cable as the phone will reboot by itself.
- If the first boot takes longer than usual, don’t panic as there is nothing wrong with your smartphone.
- Go on Google Play and download the “Root checker” app.
That was all guys; now you know what to do if you want to easily root your Sony Xperia P on any firmware. You can look forward in installing complex apps, or update with custom ROMs as the internal system of you device has been unlocked. Stay close and check our daily post because we will bring more how to guides suitable with your handset during the following days. Also tell us how things worked for you by using the comments area from below.