Root Sony Xperia Z1 using One-click Root solution
The Xperia Z1 is the latest Android based smartphone unveiled by Sony; the handset hasn’t been yet worldwide released, but those of xda-developers had find and provided a root method that can be easily used by anyone who own the Xperia Z1 phone. The root solution is bringing a one-click root method, so the steps from below can be safely used even by an entry level Android user. Since Xperia Z1 is a high end device that comes with impressive specs and features, gaining root access will not be an option especially for the advanced users who will want to use their smartphone on full power.
You should learn how to root your Xperia Z1 if you want to gain access over its internal system. As you know, when buying a new smartphone it will be delivers with a locked OS and system that also comes with factory and default restrictions. But let’s say you want to overclock / undervolt your Android device, or update it with a custom ROM; well in that case you will first have to root your Sony Xperia Z1. Anyway, the root access must be granted if you are looking into performing operations like: unlocking the bootloder, installing a custom recovery image, installing a custom kernel, applying apps that require root access, accessing the internal system for removing in built programs and so on.
As you can see, when owning a high end Android based smartphone, just like the Sony Xperia Z1, gaining root access isn’t an option for you. Now, the root operation can be complex and risky as usual there are a lot of steps to take care of. But in our case, you can relax as we will be using a one-click root method. As already stated, the root solution has been unveiled by those of xda-developers so we have them to thanks for the present step by step guide.
As you can already tell, gaining root access is an unofficial procedure that has nothing to do with Sony or Google. So, if something goes wrong or if you mess things up, you will be by yourselves. Furthermore, by completing this operation the warranty of your Xperia Z1 will get void. That’s why you should be careful when applying the guidelines from below – stick to the steps from this tutorial and don’t perform things without consulting my explanations. The warranty can be restored, so you have nothing to worry about. For regaining the lost warranty you will have to apply a un-root operation, downgrade to stock Android Jelly Bean firmware or update with an future official Android OS. Do note that on rooted devices, the OTA releases can be only manually installed.
It will be a good idea to backup the data or at least what’s important to you. Usually, when using one-click root solutions the data isn’t erased, but in some cases it might get corrupted. So, I still recommend you to save everything that you might need afterwards, including text messages, contacts list, personal saves and accounts.
Other than that, you will need to use a computer, your Xperia Z1 and its USB cable. On the computer the best will be to deactivate the security protection, like antivirus, antimalware and Firewall (else the programs might interrupt the root operation). Also, on your phone you will have to go to “settings -> applications -> development -> usb debugging” for enabling the USB debugging option. Another thing to ensure is the battery life: your Xperia Z1 must have more than 50% power left before starting the root process; if different plug in the charger first. Finally remember that this step by step guide has been provided only for the Sony Xperia Z1, so the root tool from below must be used only by those who own the mentioned handset. Else, by using this tutorial for a different Android based device, you can end up in bricking your smartphone / tablet.
How to Root Sony Xperia Z1 using One-click Root solution
- The root program and its menu will be in chinese so stick to the steps from below for avoiding the unpleasant situations; don’t worry the root procedure works perfectly for your Z1.
- Download the root app from here and save it on your computer.
- Run the app.
- A prompt will be displayed saying that you need to close adb.exe; do that.
- Remember to enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Connect your Xperia Z1 with your computer via USB cable.
- Run the root tool once more.
- On the upper left corner a red font will be displayed saying that your device isn’t rooted.
- At this point you need to tap on the green button in the bottom right corner (for starting the root operation).
- The root will start automatically; don’t press anything just let the process do its work.
- When it is done, on the computer the top there will be a message: Congratulations, rooting was successful (in chinesse).
- You now need to get root permission.
- In order to do so tap on the green button in the bottom right corner once more.
- Now, on the top left corner a blue font will be displayed saying that your phone has been successfully rooted.
Good job; your Sony Xperia Z1 has been successfully rooted. So, the one-click root tool works, even though you need to go “blinded” as the menu is in chinese. Anyway, now you can safely install CWM recovery or any other custom recovery image on your phone. Furthermore you can even complete more complex operations like: overclocking the CPU or updating with a custom ROM firmware. But until then, just use the comments field from below for sharing your thoughts and impressions with us and with others that might want to use this step by step guide.