Root Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE with RegawMOD One-Click Tool
How to Root Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE, with RegawMOD One-Click Tool, and install TWRP Recovery image by following all the instructions I’ve listed in this post. This is an advanced guide for owners of the Sprint version of Evo 4G LTE device and the tool that you’re going to use to root it was created by regaw_leinad, an XDA Senior Member.
RegawMooder Rooter is the tool that we’re going to use and root your smartphone. It will also, reboot the bootloader and unlockes token, it retrieves the Unlock_code.bin, installs TWRP Recovery image and install Superuser and busybox software on your device. All these will give you full power over your Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE phone. The steps I’ve listed below are all automated and you should be able to complete the guide easy, if you’re an advanced Android user. Also, you need to make sure that your phone is permanently connected to the internet, as the bootloader unlocking process requires to communicate with HTCdev.com website.
RegawMOD Rooter is an one-click root tool which also will install Team Win Recovery Project custom image. The latter one gives your phone support for installing custom ROMs that should improve the overall performances of its firmware. Make sure to read the entire tutorial guide, as well as the preparation guide that teaches you how to properly configure your device and Windows computer before starting the root process. The Regaw’s root utility has been successfully tested and it worked with bootloader versions up to 1.13.651.1. Now that you’ve read all this info, you are free to move the preparation guide and correctly configure your device for the rooting process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Use a Windows computer to root the phone.
- The tutorial guide works only with the Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE phone.
- Your computer needs to have .NET Framework 4.0 software. If yours isn’t then I strongly recommend you to install it by clicking this link here.
- Also, the HTC USB Drivers should be installed on your PC. These can easily be downloaded here.
- enable USB debugging mode, by launching Settings on your phone. Open ‘developer settings’ and make sure to tick the USB Debugging option.
- It’s recommended for you to backups apps, sms and call logs info using these apps: AppBak application | SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore.
- Also, all the photos, bookmarks, video and audio recordings, ebooks, text and pdf docs, and all other files you consider to be important should be moved to your phone’s internal or external sdcard. An alternative way would require you to move these files on your computer.
- Sync your Phone Contacts with your Gmail account. Also, you can save the APN Settings so that the internet settings can easily be restored in case the internet isn’t working after the root.
- Charge the phone’s battery until it reaches at least 70% power level.
- Rooting the EVO 4G LTE will void its warranty. If you wish to get it back, you will need to restore the stock firmware and that will revoke root access.
- IMPORTANT: Before moving to the tutorial guide on how to root Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE you will have to clear your Google Wallet Settings. Here’s an XDA forum post that should help you with that.
The RegawMOD Rooter will reboot into bootloader mode and unlocks token, it will retrieve the ‘unlock_code.bin’ file, unlocks bootloader and it will install Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP custom recovery image on your smartphone.
Now that you’ve read and respected all the above guidelines, it means that you’re ready to move to the how to guide and learn how to root your Sprint HTC phone. Please note that we cannot be held responsible in case you damage your phone and you should only start the rooting process only if you’re an advanced Android user.
Make sure to only apply the actions I’ve listed in the tutorial guide. Do not skip any steps because then the root operation will fail and you will be forced to start all over again. Use the comments section to get help and we will try to help you successfully complete the tutorial guide.
How to root Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE using RegawMOD Rooter utility:
- Download the RegawMOD Evo 4G LTE Rooter zip for X86 (32-bit) Windows OS / RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter zip for X64 (64-bit) Windows OS version. Click the download link that corresponds to your computer’s OS edition.
- Now, unzip the rooting zip file and place its files into a single folder. Save the folder on your computer’s desktop; you should get an .exe and a .dll file.
- Now, you need to launch the RegawMOD Rooter executable.
- Connect your Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE phone to your computer.
- You should notice a new window popping up. If everything is in place simply hit the ‘ROOT ME’ button. Confirm the action by selecting ‘YES’ and the process will continue.
- The smartphone should restart and after that you need to press ‘OK’ and it will begin the htc-dev process. When this is completed you should see a new window popping up on your device’s screen ( it appears only if you didn’t unlock the bootloader ). Hit the ‘volume up
- key to select YES; confirm action with Power key. Please note that this step will erase the phone and if you don’t wish to allow it, then you will have to select NO.
- Now, press the Continue button on your PC screen.
- Your phone will restart and wait until the setup wizard appears. You can skip it and open instead Settings, then Develop Options and enable ‘USB Debugging’ option once again. This was disabled during the root process.
- The EVO 4G LTE will restart again several times as it will begin the installation of TWRP Recovery and it will complete the root process.
- When all the restarts are done, you will see the phone booting into its main Android screen. This means that your phone should now be rooted.
To confirm that the smartphone is rooted you will need to check the app drawer, and if the SuperSU app is present, it means that the root process has been complete.
That’s it, now you finished the root of your Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE device using RegawMOD Rooter tool. In case you got stuck or you didn’t manage to root successfully the phone, then you should re-read the preparation guide and after that re-apply all the steps listed in the ‘how-to root’ guide. Also, use the comments field to post all your questions and we will try to help you complete the tutorial.