The T-Mobile variant of the LG G2 has received its own root tutorial. Use this post in order to learn how to successfully apply for your device. Note that this tutorial should be applied only by an advanced Android user and LG G2 TMO owner, as you will void its warranty.
This root has been created and released on XDA thread forums by ‘thecubed’, a developer and member of this popular community. For this guide to work with your device, it would be best for you to take a look at the guidelines below:
- Use this post only for the T-Mobile LG G2 device that’s running the stock shipping ROM.
- Note that by rooting your device you will void its warranty. The warranty can be restored only when re-installing stock Android updates.
- This root for T-Mobile LG G2 has been created by ‘thecubed‘, XDA member and developer.
- For this tutorial to work your computer needs to have the LG USB Drivers installed, as otherwise it won’t recognize your device.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options section.
- if the Developer Options doesn’t appear to be listed in the Settings menu, then you should enable it: open About Phone, then tap 7 times on the Build Number section. Return to the Settings menu and Developer Option will now be listed.
- Disable any antivirus and other security applications from running on your computer.
- Make sure that no LG smartphone software is running on your computer.
- Backup all important data before starting the root.
- This is a guide for advanced users and we cannot be blamed in case you brick the smartphone or lose any important data in the process.
- The phone’s battery power charge level should be over 50%.
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps.
- If you cannot complete the tutorial, then you should ask for extra help in comments.
If you want to learn more about this root by ‘thecubed’, then you can take a look at this XDA thread here.
How to root T-Mobile LG G2 that is running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
Remember that your device has to be running the same ROM version that it was installed on the day it was shipped.
- Download the Root package from here.
- save this file on your computer.
- Extract the Root Package for TMO LG G2 archive.
- place the extracted folder on your desktop.
- Use the USB Cable and connect your smartphone with your PC.
- the phone has to be powered on.
- Go to IORoot folder, the one created in step 2, open it and launch a command prompt window.
- to open the command prompt directly in this folder use this: press and hold Shift key, at the same time right-click on the folder’s white space, then select ‘open command prompt window here’ from the right-click context menu.
- Now, you have to see if your LG G2 is detected by your computer. Do it by entering the following line in the command prompt: adb devices
- if a serial number is shown, then the device was detected and you can continue to the next step.
- in case the serial doesn’t show up, then you will need to switch between USB ports or re-install the LG USB Drivers. Also, check and see if the USB Debugging option is enabled in Developer Options.
- Return to the IORoot folder. Double click the ‘root.bat’ file.
- press any key to continue when the new command prompt asks you. It detects the smartphone.
- now you will need to stop for a moment and apply the actions in the next step, but don’t close the command prompt screen.
- Disconnect the T-Mobile LG G2 from your computer.
- Go to Developer Options section, disable and then re-enable USB Debugging.
- Use the USB Cable to re-connect your device with your computer.
- Now you can ‘press any key to continue’. Root will be started.
- When the Root is completed you can close the command prompt window.
- Return to the first command prompt window, the one you opened in step 4. Enter the following command lines:
- The following line has to appear for you to know that the root was successful: uid=0<root> gid=0<root>.
These were all the steps you had to take in order to root your smartphone. If you have any questions, then you should ask for more help in comments.