If you have recently updated your Asus Transformer TF300T to the official Jelly Bean OS, then you might want to root the new ROM. In order to do so you must follow a step by step guide from which you can learn how to safely perform the already mentioned operation, which of course must be suitable for the version of firmware that is running on your tablet. That’s exactly what I’ve been detailed during the following lines, therefore take a look and see how you can root the Transformer TF300T on official Jelly Bean ROM.
Gaining root access is a complex operation as you will make changes over the internal system of your Android powered device. This means that if you don’t know what to do or if you are doing things wrong then you can brick your tablet. This is why you shouldn’t perform the task by yourselves; always consult a tutorial like the present one. Furthermore, make sure that you complete all the lines from below for ensuring that your tablet is in safe hands. Finally, as you will see, the root operation will take only a couple of minutes, so you will be done before you know it.
For rooting the Asus Transformer TF300T you will have to access and use a Windows running computer, your device and its USB cord. Also, on the table you must install a custom recovery image, a tool which will be used for flashing the root file. Now, as you might know, gaining root access means that the factory restrictions will be removed. When you buy a device it will be delivered with such a system, so it’s your job to unchain it. But why do so? Well, a root system is fully opened to changes so you can easily optimize and customize it for obtaining more power from your handset. Furthermore, nowadays more and more apps are requiring root access in order to work properly, so it’s a must do operation.
Of course we shouldn’t forget the custom ROMs. This firmware needs a rooted system in order to run. We all know the benefits that come with such updates, so apply this tutorial if you are looking forward in installing a beta ROM on your Transformer TF300T. There are many custom ROMs, mostly Jelly Bean based ones, available for your tablet, suitable guides being displayed in our how to section; don’t hesitate and search for the same. Anyway, regarding to the root operation, there is one negative aspect to deal with. As you will remove the factory restrictions, the warranty will get void. So, if somehow you are damaging the OS, or if you are bricking the device, then you will be by yourselves. Be careful in what you do and read twice before applying something. The warranty can be restored though but only if you want to downgrade to the stock ROM, or by updating to the official version of the Android platform.
As mentioned for the root process you will have to use a custom recovery image. Also, by using the same you will have to make a wipe of the system. Therefore that data which is stored on your tablet will be erased. You need to make a backup first for ensuring that you won’t lose your personal info during the wipe. The backup can be easily handled as there are several ways in which you can complete it. Some tips are being displayed below along with other pre requisites, so take care of the before starting the proper step by step guide.
- If you had installed the recovery image then you can use it for backing up the current ROM (you can easily restore it if the system gets damaged).
- Then, you can save the text messages by downloading suitable backup and restore apps.
- You can do the same for saving the call logs.
- Also, learn how to sync with your Gmail account for storing the contacts.
- Use a computer if you want to backup other files such as images or videos.
- Then when the backup is done, on your PC and tablet uninstall the security tools.
- Also enable the USB debugging option from your device.
- And in the end charge the tablet or make sure that there is at least 70% battery power left.
You are ready now for the steps that will take you through the root operation. Apply this tutorial only for the Asus Transformer TF300T that runs on the official Jelly Bean update and not for similar devices as you can brick them. That was all for now, so let’s get started.
How to Root Transformer TF300T on Official Jelly Bean ROM
- Download the root file from here.
- Save it to your computer.
- Connect the device with the PC and then copy the downloaded file to the internal storage.
- Remove the USB cable.
- Turn off the tablet.
- Reboot it in recovery mode.
- For the recovery mode press and hold the Volume Down button while powering on.
- From the recovery menu select “wipe data factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Then return to the recovery menu by selecting “+++go back+++”.
- Up next select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the root file and flash it.
- In the end select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- Go to Google Play store and download the SuperSU app.
- Install and open the app.
- Click on update the SU binary.
- Then you can close the app.
Congratulations, that was the whole thing. Now your Asus Transformer TF300T that runs on the official Jelly Bean ROM is rooted so you can install complex apps on it. Also, you can now go and flash custom ROMs into its system along with beta and unofficial software. For suitable how to guides check out our how to section where you can find all the details needed. Do tell us how things worked for you and share your thoughts with us by using the comments area from below.