Since you’ve already unlocked the bootloader of your HTC Droid DNA and you’ve also installed the CWM Recovery image, then the only thing left to do is to root it. Use this guide and learn how to properly root your smartphone so that you’ll be able to flash new custom ROMs and new customization files for Android.
The root files for your HTC Droid DNA Verizon were released and packed by ‘dsb9938’, an XDA Recognized developer. This guide is very simple to use and apply. However, to be sure that you will manage to flash all files at your first attempt, you will also need to read the preparation guide info. That will tell you how to properly configure your PC and phone. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Verizon HTC Droid DNA has to be on an unlocked bootloader and the CWM Recovery image is also required before applying the root. Both guides can be found if you click the links listed on this post’s first text line.
- Do not attempt to flash these files on any other smartphone, as it will work exclusively with the HTC Droid DNA model.
- Enable Debugging mode and make sure that the battery of your phone is fully charged. This will prevent the device from powering off while you’re installing the root files.
- Don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed in this post. That will result in a failed attempt of rooting your device.
- This is a tutorial that should be applied by a power / advanced user. It is not recommended for novices as you might end up bricking the device. That’s why you shouldn’t blame us in case you brick the phone after using this tutorial. You are the sole responsible for installing these files on your device.
- Also, remember that by unlocking the bootloader of your phone and rooting it, you will void the HTC Droid DNA Verizon warranty. To get it back you will need to relock the bootloader and restore a stock firmware.
- Use the comments section to ask for any extra helpful instructions.
Now that you know all of the above, I think that you should move to the next part and learn how to properly flash the rooting files for your smartphone.
How to root the Verizon HTC Droid DNA:
- Download the Droid DNA root zip file from here. Save the file on your PC.
- Connect your phone to computer using the USB cable. Move the ‘SU.Busybox.Installer.zip’ file on your device’s internal SD card. It is the file you downloaded at step 1. Don’t extract the zip contents.
- Disconnect the phone from PC after the file is successfully transferred.
- Power OFF your smartphone and then boot it into HBOOT Menu. It can be done by pressing ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons at the same time. Select ‘Recovery’ option and confirm using the Power button.
- When you’re at the main menu of CWM Recovery screen you have to select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the Root zip file, the one moved at step 2 and confirm that you want to install it.
- When the install process is finished you have to return to the main CWM Recovery screen. Select ‘reboot system now’ and now wait.
- Now your HTC Droid DNA will reboot into normal mode and you are free to start looking for any custom ROMs and any other modification files that you wish to flash.
- To complete the root process you will have to open the Google Play Store. Install SuperSU or Superuser applications.
- When the install is finished you should launch the app then update its binaries.
That is all, you’ve successfully flashed all the rooting files and now you can do whatever you want with your device. Wait until developers will launch any custom ROMs and then choose one to install on your device.
If you have any extra questions regarding the root process of Verizon HTC Droid DNA, leave a comment at the end of this post and you should get a proper answer. Also, if you’re looking for extra info then you should head to the developer’s thread, at XDA, and browse all responses listed in it.