Samsung Galaxy S4 is the most powerful Android based smartphone released on the market, the device being already (it has been released for the first time last month, in April) one of the most appreciated handset by worldwide users. The S4 comes with high end specs and features, so as expected, its price tag is on par with its performances, which means that not everyone will afford to buy the device, at least not the SIM free version. So, most of the customers will decide to go for the network locked SGS4; if that’s your case too, don’t worry, as during the following lines we will be checking on how to easily and permanent SIM unlock the Galaxy S4 and all for free.
Well, this tutorial will work for the Samsung Galaxy S4 model numbers i9505 and i9500 so before going any further make sure that you own one of the mentioned versions of the smartphone. And yes, by applying our guide you will be able to safely unlock the SIM locked Galaxy S4 for free and without dealing with complex tasks or with unreliable tools, or codes. All you will have to do is to apply some things on your phone by using its menu and some other options (don’t worry as you have it all explained below).
Before starting in explaining how to SIM unlock the Galaxy S4 i9505 and i9500 you should first know that this operation will not affect the safety of your handset in any way or matter. The warranty will not get void, you don’t have to previously root your handset and you don’t have to install a dedicated app on your phone.
Anyway, even though this will be an easy task to complete I do recommend you to follow all my directions; don’t perform things by yourselves as if you somehow get stuck, or if you mess things up, then I will not be able to help you anymore. You have all the details needed explained during the present step by step guide, so follow the same.
In order to conclude and for being able to start the actual guide, here is what you need to know: by using this tutorial you will learn how to SIM unlock the Galaxy S4 i9505 and i9500 for free. The steps from below has been tested only on the mentioned versions of the S4, so don’t use the same if you want to SIM unlock a similar variant of the phone. Furthermore, this method will be permanent meaning that you will have a SIM unlocked Galaxy S4 even if you will downgrade to stock Jelly Bean OS, or if you will update to an future official Android based platform. That was all for now, so let’s get started.
How to SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 and i9500
- Note: it is essential not to use the “back” button of your phone when applying the next steps; instead of that, just tap on “Menu” and select “back” from the options list that will be displayed.
- You need to launch the Service Mode on your phone; in order to do that tap “*#0011#” in the dialer of your handset.
- The Service Mode will be displayed; now you need to tap on “menu” (left soft key) and from the dropdown menu select “back”.
- Press the Menu button once more and this time select “Key input”.
- Tap on the pop-up box that will be displayed; then enter “1” and tap on “ok”.
- You now need to go back to the Service Mode menu; for that tap on “menu” and select “back”.
- From the Service Mode menu, this time select “ UMTS”.
- Up next, from the next menu select “Debug Screen”.
- O new option menu will be displayed; from here make sure you tap on “Phone control”.
- From the phone control menu you need to tap on “network lock”.
- Continue by selecting “PERSO SHA256 OFF”.
- You now need to go back to the UMTS menu; again, in order to do that, press on the menu button and select the back option.
- Now, from the UMTS menu you need to tap on “Common”.
- And select “NV REBUILD”.
- A new menu will be displayed; from the same select “Restore backup”.
- Your S4 will now be turned on a freeze state; don’t worry there is nothing wrong with your smartphone.
- Also, be aware as after a few moments the screen will turn black and the LED will turn into blue.
- In the end your SGS4 will reboot automatically; if the first boot will take longer than usual don’t panic, as this is something natural.
- That’s it your device has been SIM unlocked.
Congratulations, now your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 / i9500 is SIM unlocked, meaning that you aren’t assigned to a carrier no more. So, take a SIM card from another carrier in order to test if the procedure has been successfully completed or not. Also, don’t forget to share your experience and impressions about the guide from above with us and with other users who might want to unlock their Galaxy S4 by using the comments area from below.